Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, im new to the forum! i am the proud owner of a Magnesium pearlcoat 2006 Charger R/T. ive just begun my modification journey with the honeycomb grille and r/t insert. would i would like to do next is throw a chin spoiler on. now ive looked at the danko spoilers and like the look of those but i dont know if black is gonna look good with my color! Your opinions will help!! Thanks and sorry about the length of the post.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
YES do the chin spoiler!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on buying the fastest color! It's good to see another Magnesium Pearl R/T. If you didn't know, Magnesium Pearl just may be the rarest color that Chargers were made in. The color was an option only for the first 6 months of production for the first year the Charger came back. (This may cause a debate, so be prepared. Hahaha) I've yet to see another R/T in this color. I've seen one V6, and I've seen a couple of Magnums and a couple of 300s that were Magnesium Pearl. Did you happen to get one with the Road & Track package as well?

I've debated the same exact thing you have. I still will probably get a chin spoiler eventually, it's just not high on my list right now. And I'm going to keep mine flat black. I've already got a flat black spoiler and crosshair and a few other small things. I'm going to get the roof covered with a flat black vinyl sometime before the next show season. So I say, go for it. Get one in black. If it turns out you don't like it you can always get it color matched later.
Oh and here's some pix of mine.

Now post up some of yours!

--Aaron--

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Chin spoilers look good on ALL COLORS OF CHARGERS!! It'll look awesome on yours, I'm getting the Danko, I had an awesome local deal that I couldn't pass up for a danko, but otherwise I would've gotten the Daytona because the Danko is out of my price range. Get one, you won't be disappointed, really adds flare to the rounded out front bumper of the charger. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Welcome aboard from Annapolis, MD.

Don't worry about the length of your post. You were trying to convey two things.

There's nothing wrong with a black chin spoiler. It kinda goes along with the black rocker panels.

Are you thinking of going with painting it with an accent color? Or are you going for a stock look?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True! you guys are all right! and thanks for the welcome!! its nice to talk to people who share the same addiction lol. ill try and get some pics up soon!! my ultimate plans are to black out my crosshair as well and i already purchased green led dome lights cant wait to install those. now the question is though. do i get matching halos? i cant decide which color goes best!!! i really like what x111103 did with his, looks sick!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if stock looks good ill just keep it that way!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that it does!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the Magnesium pearl club, and of course, welcome to the forums! You got the same car I did exactly one year ago, and I've come a long way in that one year.
I've added a lot of little touches to the car, and the chin was one of the first. I've spent long hours looking at pics and debating, to chin or not to chin, black or painted, Danko or factory...
Let me tell you, if I had to to give up all of my little exterior add-ons but one, I'd choose to keep the chin - it really completes the front end, and now I can't even look at pictures of my pre-chin car. I decided to do a Magnesium Pearl/Flat black (Daytona style) theme, so the chin and rear spoiler are both black. Here is pic, in case you want to see how it will look on your car:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks kman! yeah im probably gonna do it, im liking the danko one alot. your car looks great! honestly the best color ha ha

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been waiting for my danko chin to arrive for a long time now!!! I cant wait to get it but its taking forever......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts