Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting away from the Michelin Pilots that came on my 06 Daytons. They are not lasting as long as they should for the price. Also the price.. Those french are shafting us.

I did some searching and came up with two possibilities.

Yokahama AVID V4S and Kumho APT KL51

Anyone run either of these on their Chargers, specifically Daytonas?

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I guess some questions need to be answered before choosing a tire. What is important to you (handling, long tread life, low noise, wet grip, dry grip...)? Some characteristics are higher rated in some tires while others are highly rated in another tire... For example...you can have adequate grip with a decent treadwear...but try to find a highly grippy tire in wet and dry conditins that have an outstanding treadwear...well, you just ain't gonna find it. Define what is important to you first.

I went from the stock Michelin HX MXM4s to Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s, to my brand new Yokohama ADVAN STs. The latter 2 have been in a 255/55 size on my 18 inch stockers. I want grip whether it's wet or dry outside. I drive aggressively rain or shine 80% of the time 18 times out of 20!!! Hehehe...yeah, I like to push the limits of my tires sometimes. With the GYs, I usually found MY limit before the tires'.

I know some have run the Avid V4S with nice results, but they are no ultra high performance summer tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts