Charger Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
Maybe I'm missing something but those 2 pictures are different.

Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
I think most of the naysayers have more of an issue with how it sits on the rim versus it rubbing.

I honestly don't know ... but don't want to get stuck with 4 tires either. But also don't want the 245s anymore! :)
It's not just the size my friend, it's the compound of the tires that also makes a huge difference in how the car performs.
I put a set of Drag Radials on my stock 20 x 9 Scat pack wheels and they are barely bigger then the stock 245 RSA2's. They are slightly wider but it's not a huge difference. I can't see it being an issue. Buy a great set of tires and enjoy the car. Don't worry about it.

Registered
Thanks -
Just curious, since you went with aftermarket wheels is there some reason you did not go with 9.5" wide?
A couple of reasons. 9" wheels are easier to find and 9.5's tend to be tricky with the offsets up front. Too close in, it'll rub the knuckle, too far out and it'll rub the fender liner. While I'm not very concerned with the weight, I DO save a few pounds up front with the 9's, so that helps the decision too.

That particular set of wheels in the pics, based on the offset, should have fit perfectly. The spoke design said otherwise. I had to install longer studs and a 1/2" spacer so the spokes would clear the Brembos on the front.

With 275's on, that caused contact with the fender liner over big dips at speed. Didn't hurt anything, just scrubbed a couple of the push pins that hold the liner in place. Went to 245's and didn't hit anymore. I also didn't keep that set of wheels a month after I swapped the front tires.

The Centerlines I'm running now fit perfectly, so I ditched the longer studs and spacer.

Registered
So the overall theme is still ... 275s at all 4 corners, regardless of what tires I go with (heavily leaning towards Continental DWS) will cause no problems of any kind....?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts