Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Daytona with the 18in stock wheels. Yesterday after doing quite a bit of research, I went ahead and bought new tires for her. I wanted a wider tire so I ended up picking up 255/55/18 Goodyear Eagle Edge response. According to the specs the size should have been fine on the stock rim. On the way home, I noticed a rubbing sound on the passenger side of the vehicle only. I took it back to the shop this morning to have it checked out, and found out that the tires are rubbing at slow speeds on the passengers side. Of course they want to go back to the origanal 235/55/18 size. Has anyone encountered something like this? Are there any other alternatives such as a different size on the front vs the back? How would different sizes affect the driving of the car? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a 06 Daytona with the 18in stock wheels. Yesterday after doing quite a bit of research, I went ahead and bought new tires for her. I wanted a wider tire so I ended up picking up 255/55/18 Goodyear Eagle Edge response. According to the specs the size should have been fine on the stock rim. On the way home, I noticed a rubbing sound on the passenger side of the vehicle only. I took it back to the shop this morning to have it checked out, and found out that the tires are rubbing at slow speeds on the passengers side. Of course they want to go back to the origanal 235/55/18 size. Has anyone encountered something like this? Are there any other alternatives such as a different size on the front vs the back? How would different sizes affect the driving of the car? Any input would be appreciated.
The Response edge for some reason are the only tires I have heard to rub with the stock 18's. I remember other members complaining about it here. Im running 255 nittos for my 18's and im fine. I think its the tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts