Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change my tires and I'm trying to decide between two brands. I saw a package on eBay for four Vredestein tires. Two are 245-45-20 and two are 275-40-20. Would they fit well in my stock wheels? I'm also looking at Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. Anyone have opinions between these two brands?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Never heard of Vredestein.. Not that they aren't good tires, just never ever ever heard of them. Now the Continental brand has a good following with good specs. I'd go with those based on reputation.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Vreds are great Summer tires. Been talked about on the Forum for a long time. Stick like glue. Short tread life (like any good sticky tire). The sizes will fit.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies all. The package is $990 delivered. Does that seem like a good deal? It's good the Vreds are decent tires since it seems the Continentals are out of stock Internet wide.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
which Vreds are they? Our cars, being so heavy, like the SUV variant of the Ultrac Sessanta. I've run three sets on my SRT, all 275/40/20. The /45s I would not run on the front, they are going to be a slightly larger diameter than the 40s. Not suitable for snow in any way. Much better than the stock RSAs, not as good as the NT-05s I ran, better than the Hankook Ventus V12 Evos :) $80 a tire bettter? Hmmmmm, depends on how bad your busget is :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are the Ultrac Sessantas. Just checked to make sure. I'll see if they can switch out the 40 for the 45. Of course I'd like to go as cheap as possible but in the end I know you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I had stock continentals on both my charger and my fusion. I absolutely HATED these tires.

My guess is they are entry level cheapest crap the manufacturer could put on... so they may make good tires... but they're the worst tires I've ever had.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Here are some pics on my daytona..

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've ran the Vreds for awhile, solid tire as long as its warmer out. I'm planning to go to Continental DWS's because I want a tire that I don't have to fear for my life if I get stuck driving my car in the cold for some reason down the line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts