Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, now I've asked this a number of times, and gotten great answers but why do tire shops say that a 255/30/22 is the way to go? besides the fact that is pretty close to the stock diameter of the 17's, but many of you on here run a 265/35/22? I looked on Discount Tire's website on a tire calculator thing and compared the height and size difference between the two and it is pretty far out, looks to me that the 255/30/22 may be the route I'll take. I'm not here to bash anyone using the 35 series, just trying to find out what to do before I drop some cash on wheels. I want my speedo to stay relatively close to what is is now and want to keep getting good mileage. whats your opinons on this topic?

·
Registered
689 Posts
The 265/35 is usually used for two reasons (may be more but the two main):
1. Cheaper and more choices than the 255/30 or 265/30.
2. Get more meat in between the wheel and the road.
Those are the two reasons I have heard and if someone else has other reasons please chime in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm using 35's on my car and they are fine, haven't noticed the speedo being out, but I haven't checked it either. I went to this size because there is a little more rubber between the wheel and the road. I haven't experienced any problems.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice, its just been bugging me, I've been going back and forth between these two sizes, one person tells me something then another something else. although! there's a 300C Stretch Limo in town here on 22's sportin 265/35/22's so if that tire size is good enough for that, it should be good enough for the average consumer. anyone here in this community running 255/30/22's? Has a tire guy gave anyone here a hard time bout 265/35's?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts