Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just installed a Stage II Jet Chip. Drove the car around for about 10 miles, no warning lights were on. So, I'm on my way back from the movies, and all of a sudden the tire pressure warning light comes on. I checked all the tires, and a couple were around 28, so I then made sure all were above 30psi. The light is still on. This happen to anyone? Maybe I've ran over a nail or something which is why the light is on. I wouldn't think it would be from the Jet install. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

jweland

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had a similar problem: the light came on, and I filled up my tires to 30 lbs. using an expensive dial type tire gauge. The light was still on. Filled to 32 lbs., the light was still on. Tried a second gauge (a cheap stick type one), and it read only 28 lbs. Filled the tires up to 30 lbs. with the cheap gauge, and the light went off. So try another tire gauge before investigating other possibilities.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
great advice jmorrell, i was going to reference him to the thread you and i were in and your experiences with varying tire gauges.......you the man!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah, F#@& the tire pressure, tell us about that chip you got!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i pm'd him about the chip...i am also very interested but he did start a thread up in the performance forum....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
my tire indicator came on when I was 30 min NE of escondido, in SoCal.... it was 5am and I was at a campground... guess the cool moring was enough to lower PSI to trip the tire monitor... it has been over 100 here in AZ still...

·
Registered
197 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
... guess the cool moring was enough to lower PSI to trip the tire monitor... it has been over 100 here in AZ still...
Mine went off the first night it got below 60 degrees here in Maryland.

The sensor appears to be programmed to give a warning when the pressure goes 10% low, which equates to 3 lbs. for tires that are supposed to be filled to 30 lbs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I had to inflate the tires to above just above 35psi before the light went off. Weird. Anyway, I'll post some more Jet info, on the jet forum I started. Need Jet Chip Help Please!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also had a similar problem. After the light came on, I checked the tires -- they were at 30 lbs. The car was in service for a headlamp and I had the dealer check the tires. He said the tires were only 28 lbs. After he filled the tires up to 32 lbs., and the light went off. Apparently 28 lbs. is the point that triggers the light in the first place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well mine has been on from the time i bought it! i aired the tires to 33 psi and the next day the light finally went out for half the day then right back on tire pressure is the same as it was 33psi

·
Registered
690 Posts
Make sure you don't have a nail in any of your tires....

JC

·
Registered
690 Posts
having a nail will make the sensor to go off

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
IHAUL said:
well mine has been on from the time i bought it! i aired the tires to 33 psi and the next day the light finally went out for half the day then right back on tire pressure is the same as it was 33psi
IHAUL first let me say welcome to the forums...The tire pressure monitor system is one of the greatest things on this car...I have only had my light come on 2 times and both times I had a nail in one of my tires. You should really take a look at all of your tires. I f you can not find anything then go back to the dealer and have them check the tires if they are all good then you may have a bad tire pressure sensor. The sensor is built into your valve stem and can be damaged by hitting a curb or being hit by a rock. If you get a patch on a damaged tire make sure to tell the mechanic that you have tire pressure monitors. If you do not he may try and pull out your valve stems to release the air and they will brake. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i put the car on a rack and went over ever tire on nails or anything also the car is out of alignment the tire are feathered the dealer ship is coming with a rollback in the morning to get it.the ESP/ABS light is on and will not shut off the motor for it is running all the time and it is like the brakes on the front of the car are grabing

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
IHAUL said:
i put the car on a rack and went over ever tire on nails or anything also the car is out of alignment the tire are feathered the dealer ship is coming with a rollback in the morning to get it.the ESP/ABS light is on and will not shut off the motor for it is running all the time and it is like the brakes on the front of the car are grabing
Sorry about your bad experience...I hope you have a good service department that is going to take care of all your problems. If they do not just go to another dealer and make sure to report the other dealer to DCX customer service. The number is in the back of your owner’s manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar experience when it started to get cool here. I aired to tires to 30 and it continued to stay on. I took it to the dealer who put in 32 and it is now off. Interestingly, the service manager told me that it was supposed to light up at 24. This seems to contradict other posts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts