Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my staggered viper 22 package 265 and 295, anyone found that perfect pressure for good tire wear? ive always had wider tire's on all my rides and there is a fine line to walk when runnin large paws, couple pounds one way or the other can be pretty detrimental! too little i kill the shoulders too much i put the skinny on the middle, well that and the occasional roast!!!!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i just went by what the tire said and ive been good so far

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I too have 265/35 up front and 295/30 in the rear.........Im running 38lbs all the way around and so far its been really good on tire wear and drives smoothe.........but thats with Nitrogen

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, as always valued advice from our top members!!!

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I've always run 45psi in 265/35/22 and had even tread-ware...

In 255/30/24 I put in 50psi, and in my 295/35/24 on my expo I have 42.5 psi.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
wow all you guys are running really high psi! I looked on the door and it says 32psi, so I figured with the winter I would run a little higher and I have 34 psi on my staggered 265s and 295s. Should I be running higher like you guys?

What determines what psi you should run, the tire brand, size or wheel size?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
wow all you guys are running really high psi! I looked on the door and it says 32psi, so I figured with the winter I would run a little higher and I have 34 psi on my staggered 265s and 295s. Should I be running higher like you guys?

What determines what psi you should run, the tire brand, size or wheel size?
I go just above what manufacturer recommends. Honestly, with low pro's you will want to over-inflate. This will help keep your wheels protected. I've not witnessed any adverse wear as a result of this over-inflation even at 50psi on my 30 series.

·
Registered
643 Posts
First of all, congrats on the new wheels...

Second of all, do yourself a favor, and if you haven't already, get a four wheel alignment done right away, and consider getting the wheels and tires road force balanced....

After that, I'd suggest running them, depending on what the tire maker recommends, a little on the pumped up side to make the ride feel better, the car not so "wiggly", and to protect the pressure sensors if you have them, and the wheels themselves.....I personally run the Vreds at about 44 psi all around, because inevitably, they lose about 1.5 psi per week just sitting in the garage, or being driven rarely......

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
First of all, congrats on the new wheels...

Second of all, do yourself a favor, and if you haven't already, get a four wheel alignment done right away, and consider getting the wheels and tires road force balanced....

After that, I'd suggest running them, depending on what the tire maker recommends, a little on the pumped up side to make the ride feel better, the car not so "wiggly", and to protect the pressure sensors if you have them, and the wheels themselves.....I personally run the Vreds at about 44 psi all around, because inevitably, they lose about 1.5 psi per week just sitting in the garage, or being driven rarely......
wow i inflated my vreds to 34 bc on the door it said to do 32. Should I pump mine up to 44?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts