Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be my tire pressure for a long trip (over 500 miles)? I have 255/60/18.

Thanks for all the upcoming replies. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
what ever it says on the door

you may see mileage gains at higher tire pressures, but no OEM will recommend any variation from recommended pressure.

Having said that, I run mine about 4psi high.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i always go with whats on the door... because when they get hot... doesn't the tire pressure go up a little

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
what ever it says on the door

you may see mileage gains at higher tire pressures, but no oem will recommend any variation from recommended pressure.

Having said that, i run mine about 4psi high.
x2 :)

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
i always go with whats on the door... because when they get hot... doesn't the tire pressure go up a little
As temperature goes up, so does pressure.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
another thing people dont remember is whats on the door is only whats for the stock brand/make of tires. You put on tires of different compounds and load ratings and those door jamb psi's are no good anymore. I run 40 consistantly for best mpg and least rolling resistance and cause i see 100+ a few times which psi's need to be higher for also. Pends on your tire size and brand but yea anywhere between 30 and 44 could be good, based on situation and how your car handles.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool - I kind of figured I should run what's on the door...especially since the pressure will go up once the tires get warm.

Thanks everyone! :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts