Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've killed everything but yellow and black on my Daytona, but now the tires and wheels look TOO black. What I want to do is paint the Goodyear n ame and logo yellow, like NASCAR tires. Anyone know of a good way to do this? I bought a product supposedly for this purpose from work. Its a Duplicolor product, but it doesnt come out evenly or easily. If anyone has done anything similiar, please let me know what you used.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why not put a yellow pin stripe around the lip of those wheels? I think it will break the black up nicely on the wheels.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Why not put a yellow pin stripe around the lip of those wheels? I think it will break the black up nicely on the wheels.
Exactly what I was thinking. :grin:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm not too sure what "powdered rims" can someone give me some info? I know it paints the rims but does it come off? Can someone do it themselves? Where do i get the stuff?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Ok, so I've killed everything but yellow and black on my Daytona, but now the tires and wheels look TOO black. What I want to do is paint the Goodyear n ame and logo yellow, like NASCAR tires. Anyone know of a good way to do this? I bought a product supposedly for this purpose from work. Its a Duplicolor product, but it doesnt come out evenly or easily. If anyone has done anything similiar, please let me know what you used.
I tried Dup. also and it sucked. Took it off quickly with thinner shortly after I got started. Let me know how the Pens work out.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm not too sure what "powdered rims" can someone give me some info? I know it paints the rims but does it come off? Can someone do it themselves? Where do i get the stuff?
Some pretty in depth info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_coating

In short, no it doesn't come off, it's bound to the wheel by a electrostatic charge. No, you normally can't do it by yourself (unless you have access to a shop). And you can buy it online! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts