Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still under my 3 year/36,000 mile warranty (I also purchased lifetime everything warranty too). My front driver tire has a buldge in it. Will the dealership replace it for free? I have 21,000 miles on my car. If not, Toyo or Nitto's maybe in the future :bigthumb:

Thanks for all the responses. :rocker:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
with only a couple thousand miles they would replace it but with 21.000 thats 3/4 of the life of the tire and they may tell you they will knock $40 off a new tires. look in your owners manual for the tire info and warranty.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm still under my 3 year/36,000 mile warranty (I also purchased lifetime everything warranty too). My front driver tire has a buldge in it. Will the dealership replace it for free? I have 21,000 miles on my car. If not, Toyo or Nitto's maybe in the future :bigthumb:

Thanks for all the responses. :rocker:

As a Service Advisor currently (for a Ford dealership), I'll tell you what I tell all my customers:

Sidewall bubbles / bulges are not covered under warranty, as they develop after the tire has impacted a pothole or other stuff, and road hazard is not covered under warranty ...

Might be different for Dodge, but I doubt it ...

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:sad:

Just got off phone with dealership and they said it would fall under Goodyear's warranty. Fortunately there's some Goodyear stores around here. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Thanks for all the posts :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,661 Posts
I had this happen with my Goodyear tires. I took it to a Goodyear service center and they said that they can dismount the tire to see if it was caused by a defect or impact, but once they dismount it they can't remount it. So it if it wasn't a defect I had to be prepared to buy a new tire.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got done talking with Goodyear and they said 9 times out of 10 the tire buldge was caused by hitting a pot hole. They said there will be no warranty.

Guess I'll have to wind up buying a new one :sad:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Just got done talking with Goodyear and they said 9 times out of 10 the tire buldge was caused by hitting a pot hole. They said there will be no warranty.

Guess I'll have to wind up buying a new one :sad:
^^^ part of that sounds familiar .... like maybe somebody already said that that's pretty much what it was gonna be ..... :)

:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bigthumb: I should have known better :D

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Hmmm- tire bulge---:D
Seems I recall something like that happening to me recently:bigthumb:

Time for some fun before you replace the tire!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts