Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently rolling on OEM 17" steelies (naked cause I hate how my hubcaps look) until I find a suitable replacement (soon I hope!). Unlike aluminum wheels I've had, these seem to attract crud very fast and it sticks there even if I hose it down, requiring hands-on attention. Would a layer of wax help or hurt? Any specialized products out there?

I know most could care less about them but it's all I have for now so I'll take pride in what I have ... a squeaky clean car with equally clean steelies can still demand respect! :bigthumb:

Your input is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I hand wash my rims with adams waterless car wash like every 2-3 days and clay/wax them 1x a month.

In short you should wax your rims with a quality wax like Adams buttery car wax or Americana and then its just upkeep from there on.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
x2 - waxing, and ive even heard of people using spray on silicone makes them as easy as a rinse to get most of the gunk off

one of my rims is peeling after being refabricated and it has a gluey residue on it that holds brake dust (color mainly) and rubbing alcohol cleans that pretty well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts