Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front windows on the 2011+ models are laminated. I've read that using the wrong window tint shade/type may cause these windows to break. It has something to do with trapping the IR waves in the glass itself.

The problem is, I never found what shade/type is recommended for these types of windows. Anybody have an idea?

Specifically, ceramic tint around 30% is what I was interested in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting info to know. My car came tinted as I bought it used from Arkansas, anyone know if you can tell the tint used after the fact?

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
How old is your car, what year is it? If it's more than a couple years old and hasn't had any issues, I'd say you're probably okay. :)

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
OK. I would hope that a qualified installer could tell you what it is. I would take it to a good, reputable shop to have it checked. If you take it to one of the small, corner tint-shops, you might risk them telling you it's no good, when it actually might be...

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I had mine tinted at our locol 3M dealer. He did a great job and not problem at all. Your locol 3M dealer should be able to tell/sell you what you need.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Interesting read...I was planning on using very high quality tint anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts