Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tinted my tails quite a while ago and again, just now got around to putting up the pictures. Better late than never, right?

I used the Nightshade tint and went very light because I wanted to test my boundries with the local police. :) I am not sure of anyone else that has done this in NW AR and I don't know who the LEO's would take this. I have driven like this for about 4 months now and haven't had any trouble - I will probably go darker pretty soon. We'll see...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

What do you think?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Very subtle...looks good.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Looks good but i would go a little darker. I did 3 light coats on mine and love it

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
It looks better than stock that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - darker is a must! I just wanted to feel out the police around here before I got crazy. Saftey first! :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Yeah - darker is a must! I just wanted to feel out the police around here before I got crazy. Saftey first! :)
I know what you mean and awhile ago i tinted my headlights so been driving kinda scared lol. The Highway Patrol has been giving a few fix it tickets to SLCLX members so i refuse to go on the highway now. Last time i got on the highway i got pulled over at night for my fog lights that were "Blue" but they are the AAC LED HID look a like fogs but they are tinted so they look blue. Good Luck with yours though

·
Registered
8 Posts
dig the subtle tint looks nice!

but regarding what mik3y said, about how far away can you see the brake lights with 3 light coats anyway? in IL you have to be able to see them from 500 feet away.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
dig the subtle tint looks nice!

but regarding what mik3y said, about how far away can you see the brake lights with 3 light coats anyway? in IL you have to be able to see them from 500 feet away.
i dont know for sure but they can be seen really far. I did 3 light coats and lots of clear then had them buffed out so they came out even better.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
man if you are worried about that, then I am screwed when I come up to school in a few weeks.

Looks good nevertheless

·
Registered
467 Posts
man if you are worried about that, then I am screwed when I come up to school in a few weeks.

Looks good nevertheless
I drove all over Fayetteville with mine... I had no problems at all! You'll be fine.

Bad pic, but serves its purpose, lol. Go darker BWhite!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here are before and after pics of my tails. I have had no trouble with the cops. They aren't as dark as some that I have seen. I tinted them myself with one coat of Nightshades and no clear. My tails turned out really glossy and slick with no runs. Most of the tint jobs I've seen with Nightshades turn out with a matte or flat black look. I followed the instructions on the can. It was very easy and turned out great. In the daylight they are a dark cranberry color & at night the lights shine through fine. I went to a Charger m&g in Hot Springs, AR and the Garland County Sheriffs dept sent out a Charger and the local State Trooper Headquarters (K) sent out one of theirs (to show their support). Both officers said they had no problem with my tails. One did mention that it could be used as an excuse to pull someone over if they needed a reason. I am very pleased with the results, $12 for paint and car being down for 24 hours (tint curing time)is alot better than paying someone else $150.00 or more to do it for me. I live in Texarkana, AR.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I drove all over Fayetteville with mine... I had no problems at all! You'll be fine.

Bad pic, but serves its purpose, lol. Go darker BWhite!
good to hear. When were you in Fayetteville?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am curious about how to tint my lenses... i want to do both my headlights and tail lights. do you use window tint or what???
Interested in this one myself.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I really like the dark tinted and painted ones but I guess you could get pulled over!?

Still good job!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts