Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tinted my tail lights last night and went a good bit darker than I had originally wanted to go. But for the price of the product, I'll just wait to have it professionally done.

Anyways, my lights are barely visible during the day now. the actual bulbs. You can see my brakes, but not well. Any suggestions on what types of bulbs I should use to increase the brightness? Bulb type and where to buy would be awesome. I need something super bright.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Try the led spider bulbs AAC sells but unfortunately you are facing the same problem everyone with tinted tails faces. It is a fine line between not dark enough and too dark. Unfortunately, they don't make HID brake lights.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try the led spider bulbs AAC sells but unfortunately you are facing the same problem everyone with tinted tails faces. It is a fine line between not dark enough and too dark. Unfortunately, they don't make HID brake lights.

:( I know. I was trying to find who sells the HID reverse lights, but I couldn't find it. I thought I'd seen it on here... but wasn't sure.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting a lighter tinted set of tails because of this issue. I love the look but hate the paranoia. I'm not so concerned about police it is getting hit and being blamed that worries me.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
yeah i went too dark on my corners, i shoulda just used black spray paint lol.

only think i could suggest is the LED tail lights that look black when they're off but are bright as the sun when lit up, i was considering these but i like the all even black look of the GTS covers i have for now

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Is there any way to strip them down? I think I should have done just one coat of VHT and a few coats of clear. They don't look very glossy either...
idk, i was thinking maybe paint thinner or something. i did mine kinda sloppy and wanted to redo it

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Sand them down maybe? You can pull off individual coats of paint on a car that way if you use the proper grit and technique. Maybe ask Tran or Junkman if they know how if no one else chimes in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts