·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks good bro! I am in the process of getting that done myself

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have any further out shots of this? im debating on doing black or silver on mine.
this one came out a lil dark but here goes i'll post sum new ones 2morrow

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
What did you use ? Vht, regular paint ???

It looks great

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
Man, the more time I spend here the more stuff I need to do to my car. I am gonna need more VHT!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
My dad has the 3m tint on his side markers. Um thinking of painting mine flat black now.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Nothing like tinted side markers on a bright silver metallic charger =)
I have the reflective concepts over lays and I love them.....

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing like tinted side markers on a bright silver metallic charger =)
I have the reflective concepts over lays and I love them.....
it looks especially good on our silver bullets....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
its a spary they sell it in hobby shops

yeah i use the same stuff.. tiny can for like 4bucks.... manufacturer is called PACTRA i think the part# is rc294... i like it better than vht, because its made for plastics, readlily available from hobby shops, and the that fact that it gives them a real glossy look rather than a matte look from vht,,, and yes both should be cleared or if months of sun work they will fade... ive done many tails with the pactra paint

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yeaim taking the tint off and going to paint mine soon

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
this is the stuff i use.. and pretty sure what the OP is talking about... i gave a can to georgiaslim45 the last time he was out this way, so he could try it out - but i guess he had already ordered the reflective concept overlay stuff and forgot about it and it was delivered as soon as he got back home, so he went that route--oh well, maybe he will keep it for something else in the future... anyway this stuff is great since its made for lexan plastics.. its really runny though so you gotta be careful with the sprays or it run easily.. if its not super hot out like normally here in florida i just sit the can in warm water for a few minutes so the paint doesnt blush, if you knwo what that mean... and other than that, no sanding is needed either.. just a good precleaning before you spray.. after i lay it down, usually about 3coats, i always tehn clear them with professional auto body clear. my buddy has his own paint booth at his collision center so its no biggie but any body shop would clear them for you for under 20bucks the next time they need to clear something for another customer which is usually daily. just have them sit them beside what they are already clearing and have them hit you stuff on the same pass to cut costs down.... and the cool part is--over time the pactra paint fades ever so slighty too, but not the dark color of it, it actually becomes more transparent if you will... i painted my stratus's a little to dark=4coats, but now its been well over a year, and now the light shines through them no problem even in direct sunlight. that was my issues, not at night, but during the daytime in the sunlight--it was hard to tell i was braking sometimes i think as i could tell because folks would ride up on me when i was turning or braking... anyway as of now, they still look super dark, glossy and like black glass basically... without the clear they will look like azz in a few short months, so remember to clear them.. pro clear is the best option because rattle can clear sucks and is milky and requires wet sanding and all that jive--to much hassle for me to say the least... pactra is the easiest way to tint stuff in my opinion. heres what teh can looks like, and is much cheaper at your local hobby shop.. mine sells it for 4bucks a can.. 2 cans is enough for a set of tails.. one is more than enough for side markers.. i still need to do mines on my charger just havent gotten to it yet.....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCY44&P=7

i can post a pic of my strats tails for anyone interested in using this product and is curious of what the outcome looks like... a heck of alot better than vht in my personal opinion

1 - 20 of 30 Posts