Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tinted my windows and now my am radio doesnt work for crap anymore!!!! I can't live without my am radio what should I do. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Before you tint your windows, tell the installer you listen to AM radio, LOL

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
now i see why deux became a moderator, such a smart man :rockon:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
yep if your ant. is in the back window you have to use nonmetalic tint..

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
wow never even thought about that. i listen to FM and its good in some places but for the most part not too bad maybe thats why. But 95% of the time i listen to my ipod everytime :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
rtfm strikes again

·
Registered
191 Posts
I recently tinted my windows and now my am radio doesnt work for crap anymore!!!! I can't live without my am radio what should I do. Any advice?
Just got mine tinted today and AM RADIO STATIONS WORK OK FOR ME

Attachments

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
People still listen to AM??? I went ceramic and I am supposed to be able to still listen to AM......but I don't even try. *shrug*

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
both chargers are tinted... and I don´t have any problem.

Your problem is with am, but what about fm?? anyway, sometimes when the installer is preparing the tinted paper and installing, if the installer is not carefully in the process, maybe he "cut" a little wire in the window... I had this problem with a neon 2nd G, but with the defroster, only works 2 lines!!! and why?? when I tinted my windows, the installer cut with the knife a little part (not visible) and the lines loose the connectivity between each other, so your antenna has a cut, check it :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
When we had our tinted, the shop warned us by using a metallic tint would reduce the am radio reception. We used it anyways and haven't any problems. The am radio in our car is used in case of a traffic jam. Seems that am stations have more news than fm stations.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
People still listen to AM??? I went ceramic and I am supposed to be able to still listen to AM......but I don't even try. *shrug*
Of course people still listen to AM, how else would you find out how to follow current politics and believing the spin the talking heads add to it, LOL.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've seen HAM radio operators driving around with ten foot whip-antennas on their cars. Maybe you could do that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts