Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my windows tinted today. 35% wrap and windshield strip with solargard 'carbon' tint. similar to metallized tint but doesn't affect cell and radio reception. looks really good. maybe ill get pics up sometime.
yeah yeah i know ohio law 50% in front/any rear.

edit: ok here are my pics before after (middle 2) and one with my aFe cai installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yeah, but Charger Forum law is no pics = worthless thread.:lol:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried not to go too dark and the shop thought it was a good and safe way to go. plus they had done other chargers recently with 35%wrap.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the other morning, i ran into a metal projectile (jagged piece of metal) on the freeway going about 65. had no time to react. worried about the damage. surprisely just two scuff marks. did not appear to scratch into the paint.
tried nu finish scratch remover, did not work at all.
when i picked up my charger today from the tint shop, i asked if they could suggest how to get the scratches/scuffs out. next thing you know, the tech was trying to buff it out with a couple different materials/chemicals. however it did not work. though he thought it was only in the clearcoat.
any ideas? claybar?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Looks great Rich - sorry to hear about the scratches. If he couldn`t buff it out then it must be too deep, maybe a repaint,or front end bra.

Scott

·
Registered
885 Posts
Got my windows tinted today. 35% wrap and windshield strip with solargard 'carbon' tint. similar to metallized tint but doesn't affect cell and radio reception. looks really good. maybe ill get pics up sometime.
yeah yeah i know ohio law 50% in front/any rear.

edit: ok here are my pics before after (middle 2) and one with my aFe cai installed.
did mine at 13% and (fingers crossed) no issues yet. at 50%, you might as well not bother.

:pray:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
did mine at 13% and (fingers crossed) no issues yet. at 50%, you might as well not bother.

:pray:
well said 50 % is worthless. i just wish i wouldnt have gone with 5% and 20 on the windshield its nice but now i am on the night shift night driving sucks

·
Registered
92 Posts
The tint looks pretty good, was looking at getting 35% myself, as that is what NC allows. I do agree 50% is about useless. Sorry to hear about the scuffs as well. Only thing I could think of would be to have it sanded down to the layer it went to and then touch up with OEM paint and clear coat. Probably best to have a body shop do it, but it shouldn't be too expensive. As I'm pretty sure stuff like this happens all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts