Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so. i need to tint my windows. not only looks. but to help keep out some heat. and some prying eyes.

my question is this:
what is a dark enough percent to slap on that will keep it dark, but not really impair night driving.

my bro has limo tint, or damn close to on his tahoe and at night i have to roll down the drivers window to reverse out of the driveway when if i move his car cuz its so damn dark.

i drive.. uh.. "spiritedly" a lot, and i dont want tint to affect..effect.. w/e.. my ability to drive at night.

ik was thinkign something like 35% maybe? is there any website or something that can show differences side by side or something?

thx ahead

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I had limo on my R/T and absollutely loved the look of it, however it was a hazzard at night. On the srt8 I think I'm gonna go with 15-20 %not sure thought

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'd say to get a darker tint on the back windows and a lighter tint in the front. like 10% in the back and 25 in the front.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got 15% on the back and sides of my R/T. I love it. My R/T is black and it looks real clean with the black windows and it's not that bad at night and definitely does not dampen my driving during the day.

Just for reference, I had 10% on my last charger and the only part about that that really bothered me was trying to look out my back window. There was more distortion over the defogger strips and it was just a hint too dark for me....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have 20% all the way around. Legal limit here is 27.5%, and I didn't think it was dark enough. I think it is plenty dark for the day, and doesn't make you look too hard at night. Check your local state guides to see whether or not this will be street legal. Below 20 is where you start to have trouble at night. Rode with a guy with 5% on the back, 15% front and it was murder.

·
Registered
67 Posts
just like optimus said - check your state rules

i have 15% all the way around including a front strip and it looks great -
only been stoped once but the local cops can not ticket here in phila for it - as they do not have tint meters - only state troops and highway patrol have them here in PA

chris

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have 35% all around and love the balance of light/dark. Night driving is not a problem. I have 5% on the back on my other car and it's hard to see at night sometimes. I think 20% might be too dark.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just a tidbit of insight from a LEO. If you come to Ga no matter where your vehicle is registered, You can be cited for anything less than 35%. The max fine is $1000.00 and 30 days in jail. At the officers descretion, your vehicle can also be impounded. Use 10-0 ( caution ) on this one. Especially if you do road trips!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also, there is 35% all around on my ride!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Just a tidbit of insight from a LEO. If you come to Ga no matter where your vehicle is registered, You can be cited for anything less than 35%. The max fine is $1000.00 and 30 days in jail. At the officers descretion, your vehicle can also be impounded. Use 10-0 ( caution ) on this one. Especially if you do road trips!
Thats crazy. I know its true cause I have a buddy in Augusta. Kinda odd one state enforcing its laws on the whole country.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank the jerk who said our original law was uncostitutional because only Ga residents were forced to comply. Darn it sucks to have so many military bases sometimes.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
4%

:yes: I think darker the tint the better
I went 4% tint all around the HEMI :grin:

·
Registered
342 Posts
In California, you can tint any % on the back windows, but the front windows and can't be tinted ... any % and you can get a ticket. So, I did 35% all around so it's not too dark, but still dark enough to look good and keep some sun out.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I like to consider myself a well behaved citizen. No record of course. My windows are 5% all the way around and 50% on the entire windshield with a 5% stip across the top. The cops dont bother me one bit but I dont go out looking for trouble either.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
i did 5% all around and have goten pulled over 3 times in 4 months for it. . lol they pull me over so often i just used the fix it tix i already have and they let me go. but i am going to get 20% on the front because 5% is just too dark. .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts