Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone getting there tinted windows? I'm strongly considering tinted windows but don't know anything thing about them. What percent tint do I get and what brand of tint is good. If there is a percent or "better" brand of tint. Remember I don't know anything about it so don't make fun!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
theres a lot of tint experts on the forum. the percent completely depends on what you want, and your state laws. I dont know anything about brands, but I'd say definitely get something with a lifetime warrenty for bubbles and purpleness. it should cost like 200-300 dollars. here in houston theres a place that'll do cf memebrs for 169 w/ warrenty and all. i'd say like 10 percent in the back 20-30 in the front.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where is everyone getting there tinted windows? I'm strongly considering tinted windows but don't know anything thing about them. What percent tint do I get and what brand of tint is good. If there is a percent or "better" brand of tint. Remember I don't know anything about it so don't make fun!
well
A. get them tinted from a local shop thats been around for a few years.
B. get what is legal in your area, whicha reputable tint shop in your area will know.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
well
A. get them tinted from a local shop thats been around for a few years.
B. get what is legal in your area, whicha reputable tint shop in your area will know.
I agree. A warranty wont do you any good if the shop is out of business. Try to pick one that been around for awhile. As previously stated they will know whats legal and what you can get away with. You can usually get away with a little darker than legal. It all depends on the area. I live in TN and I have limo tint and they never bother me. I am sure my day will come but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Go Limo sides and back - funny when people walk past your car and check their hair/makeup (and other stuff) and don't know you're in there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i wish dodge had tinted mine from factory like chevy did with my truck...

How dark is too dark for seeing mirrors at night?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I'm not too sure of a brand of tint, but I would have to say that 20% is the way to go. Get it done at a shop that does quality work, and has been around for a while.

Use the following to check your state laws for the requirement. I have 20% and never been questioned (SC has 27.5 as the legal limit).

http://www.tintlaws.com/

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm not too sure of a brand of tint, but I would have to say that 20% is the way to go. Get it done at a shop that does quality work, and has been around for a while.

Use the following to check your state laws for the requirement. I have 20% and never been questioned (SC has 27.5 as the legal limit).

http://www.tintlaws.com/
Hey optimus124,
Thanks for the very informative webs site link on acceptable tinting in different states. :clap: I have been trying to find the tint law in Texas and then you came along with the facts.
Thanks man:rockon:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'll try and remember I'll take some photos of my windows. I have 5% on the rears, 20% on one window, and 35% on the other window (tint shop screwed up today, I've got to go get the 20% removed).

·
Registered
136 Posts
theres a lot of tint experts on the forum. the percent completely depends on what you want, and your state laws. I dont know anything about brands, but I'd say definitely get something with a lifetime warrenty for bubbles and purpleness. it should cost like 200-300 dollars. here in houston theres a place that'll do cf memebrs for 169 w/ warrenty and all. i'd say like 10 percent in the back 20-30 in the front.
Could you let me know where in Houston does this?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey optimus124,
I have been trying to find the tint law in Texas...
...and I'm here for what? J/K! :)

FWIW- In addition to red, blue and yellow tint is also illegal. The 25% on rear passenger windows does not apply to a vehicle such as a limo or taxi. Also, multipurpose vehicles built on a truck chassis or one designed for temporary off-road use, are not held to the 25% on the rear passenger windows.

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/TN/content/htm/tn.007.00.000547.00.htm#547.613.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts