Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold in mere hours...on CL To a dealer...Car was octane red, with only one factory option,,,STP....Purchaed Feb 2018....for $35212 + sales tax...Sold today for $34000 cash...
Only had 9614 miles on odometer...I just could not resist the high resale values we now see...and being prompted by my need to soon move to 55+ community, with no space for 3 cars...Heck, hardly space for 2 in most.of these communities...I'll miss it, and miss the Forum...that I always enjoyed following... ChargerSold4.21.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
OG:
I guess this is a bittersweet kind of thing for you. It's possibly the sort of thing I would consider when I turn 75, but not 55, as I am now. I hope to be that cool old guy cruising around town, with decent rumble under the hood at 75. It's clear you got a great price for it, but now it's gone. I hope you hang around for a while yet. One never knows when the urge for that great V8 rumble will come about.

Don

Reactions: Ol*Geezer2018

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It is so insane what V8 Chargers are selling for used. The fact they paid $34 means they will sell it on for even more which is nuts. Before the pandemic you could get a brand new Scat Pack for about $35-36k now you're lucky to get a used R/T!

I bought my 2019 R/T Plus Group car for under $28k in February, 2020 with 11k miles on it and now online offers are all over $32k. No need for me to sell but just crazy where the prices have gone from when I started looking hard at R/Ts and Scats back in March, 2019 (took me a long time to find the right car without a sun roof!)

Glad you were able to get such good value... the nice thing is you can still rent an R/T if you really need to scratch that itch!

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Well, shoot, you don't have to leave just because you sold your Charger! I sold mine years ago and I still hang around here. hhmmm... Not sure that's the best recommendation... :unsure: ;)

Best Wishes for the future! 😎

·
Registered
38 Posts
I sold my Challenger for my current Charger and am active on both forums. Mopar for life 😉

It was good timing for your circumstance and I would've done the same!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same thing happened here. Went into a dealership with my fiance Saturday so she could look at a Bronco sport(is was raining and we were bored). Just happened to be in my Charger RT. They asked me if I was trading the RT and I said no way.
Salesman literally looked me dead in the eye and said "I'm buying your car today".
They offered me $30,000 outright for my car.
It's a 2018 Super track pack F8 green with the plus package with 35,000miles. I paid $35,000 for it new almost 3 years ago.
They gave my fiance and I a courtesy shuttle ride home. I'm picking up my 2021 Scat Pack F8 with plus and technology package tomorrow. Using my equity as a down payment my monthly is about $30 higher. Strange times we live in but I'm thrilled.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...now that they have your Charger...I hope they give ya a free Uber ride in to pick up the new SP tomorrow...!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The very best to you in your new chapter in senior living.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sold in mere hours...on CL To a dealer...Car was octane red, with only one factory option,,,STP....Purchaed Feb 2018....for $35212 + sales tax...Sold today for $34000 cash...
Only had 9614 miles on odometer...I just could not resist the high resale values we now see...and being prompted by my need to soon move to 55+ community, with no space for 3 cars...Heck, hardly space for 2 in most.of these communities...I'll miss it, and miss the Forum...that I always enjoyed following... View attachment 298619
Nice Charger! R/T is no slouch.
I absolutely love Octane Red and I've never been a fan of red cars.

I'm not sure where you are in life but I hope I never have to make that choice and can ride off into the sunset. Hopefully your new neighbors are agreeable.

Nice chunk of change and I'm sure you have thoughts of a SP. All I can say
Is "Its a Mistake" at least in 1983 the good ole days when a concert ticket was $12 and you were cruising with your friends in a Challenger.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Had a similar story here. In 2017, I ordered my highly optioned Scatpack with a sticker of 47k and paid the dealer just under 40k for it. I put almost 30k miles on it and a few weeks ago sold it to a dealer for $35k. Did I need to sell it? No....but I wanted to reclaim the garage space. Used pick-up prices are outlandish as well. Great time to be a seller of a used car if you don't really need it. As others said, no need to blow off the forums just because you sold the charger. I had a "dry spell" between about 2010 and 2017 when I was chargerless and occasionally dropped in during that time.

Best,

·
Registered
206 Posts
That worked out to be a hell of a lease deal $52.63 per month 38 months Hopefully you got some enjoyment :)
I got my 16 RT a month after you ,Ive driven 53K just hit 70K and it's not my only car.

Reactions: Ol*Geezer2018

·
Registered
607 Posts
Good Luck Geezer. Our mileage is still very close. I’m about to turn 9K. I paid $ 30K and I believe our cars are similarly equipped. Pretty sure I could sell it for more than that. It’s almost paid for so it’s not going anywhere. Don’t let those 55 year old kids get on your nerves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just sold my 2018 SRT 392, with only 6,000 miles on it, to a local dealer for $48,400. I paid $52,9XX 3 years ago (Sticker was $57,5XX). Decided to get out while the going was good and I was ahead (well, relatively speaking) in the game.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I just sold my 2018 SRT 392, with only 6,000 miles on it, to a local dealer for $48,400. I paid $52,9XX 3 years ago (Sticker was $57,5XX). Decided to get out while the going was good and I was ahead (well, relatively speaking) in the game.
Wow that's really insane... I mean yeah only 6k miles is great but I can't believe a dealer paid you over $48k for that... had to check if that was Canadian!

Reactions: Koron

·
Registered
531 Posts
One has to wonder which two cars he kept? I'm pretty sure if I had to get rid of one of the three in MY fleet, the Charger would not be the first to go. Just sayin'...

Good luck and the 55+ community! My folks live in one that is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
In my case I ditched the scat during covid when used car prices were still firmly planted on planet Earth. Sadly it was becoming too commonplace for it to be in the shop and already had reportable damage in Carfax from animal damage (repaired). But, if it held together and made it to today's prices it would be cashed out ASAP. 2 of my other vehicles that are older and have more miles have proven themselves and I would part with them. And the Jeep holds value no matter what the car market does so that's a keeper too.

In a way it sad that the Charger, which was (and is still) a very cool ride, is so easy to part with. If only Dodge ditched the unreliable Panasonic multifunction radio and Fisher Price inspired interior that peels faster than a banana and made more robust suspensions things would be different.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next gen Charger, and maybe after a year or 2 on the market I'll pick one up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow that's really insane... I mean yeah only 6k miles is great but I can't believe a dealer paid you over $48k for that... had to check if that was Canadian!
I did one of those car appraisal things online with TrueCar. They appraised it as $47,975, and provided a list of 4 dealers that would be interested in buying my car. One of them was a local Dodge dealer. So I took the car down there and he offered me $450 OVER that price. Couldn't pass that up, so took the cash and will move on to something else. I'll be interested to see what they list it at. I'm guessing $52k-$53k as a certified pre-owned. Yes, crazy prices indeed! It really was a cool and kick ass car - but couldn't pass on that offer..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I did one of those car appraisal things online with TrueCar. They appraised it as $47,975, and provided a list of 4 dealers that would be interested in buying my car. One of them was a local Dodge dealer. So I took the car down there and he offered me $450 OVER that price. Couldn't pass that up, so took the cash and will move on to something else. I'll be interested to see what they list it at. I'm guessing $52k-$53k as a certified pre-owned. Yes, crazy prices indeed! It really was a cool and kick ass car - but couldn't pass on that offer..
No doubt, if you don't really need a car right now it is a great time to sell. Heck in 6 months or a year you could potentially buy a similar car for low $40k. Of course you'll never get another Maximum Steel that's like one of the rarest and best looking colors....

If I didn't require no sunroof I'd be tempted to sell my car too but it took me almost a year to find a good V8 Charger that wasn't bare bones that also didn't have a sun roof. Luckily my 2006 R/T was still going strong when I finally found the replacement. If I got into a situation where I needed a car quickly that's a problem.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Any idea on as to when they will be doing the redesign?
Couldn't find anything substantial on Torque news and Allpar : /
Not a clue myself but I'm waiting. If Stellantis doesn't release an upgraded Chargee with better build quality within the next 2 years they will have my thanks for my next non-Stellantis purchase.

Reactions: POWERMAN
1 - 20 of 31 Posts