Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's time for some new rubber. I am running a staggered 275 front 315/35/20 rear. I currently have Nitto 555G2's on the back and not real happy with the lack of traction. Is there anything on the market that is better? I want to keep the 20 x 11 wheels but could go to 305's if I need to. I don't really care what's on the front as long as it isn't stamped Pirelli. I'm OK with a summer tire, we only have a couple of cold months here in SC so I just swap back to the all-seasons for that time.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,190 Posts
You not going to get a street tire to hook on the 392 cars. They put down to much torque to early and are just geared to spin the hell out of the tires.

At the dragstrip, I use a Nexen Drag radial that you get stock on a 1320 Challenger. I can spin the daylights out of them if I launch to hard on them. I have to pedal the throttle off the line and eventually I was pulling 1.7 60 ft times. Not easy but doable.

On the street I run a square setup 275 stock size. No they don't hook like I wish they would but I know how to drive the car after a lot of practice so I can leave a light pretty hard without firing the tires.

Atturo are tires people around here talk about that have the best street traction. They are affordable and I think some of the guys run an all season model that might be perfect for you.

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
913 Posts
I’m in SC as well what part? I run 305/35/20s on mine in the Nitto 555RII and i am actually pretty pleased with them when they’re warm at least haven’t driven it sense the temp dropped. I like them but am definitely going to try out Atturos as mantis mentioned there’s a few people in here who say they are really good. And cheaper priced so when my nittos wear out I will be trying them out

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Atturo AZ800 or AZ850 are good. They're not as cheap as the once were, but still cheaper than Michelin or Continental.

I run the AZ800s, get good mileage out of them about 40k miles or so. Punisher69 runs the AZ850s.

They're quiet, last pretty long, and do provide superior grip. You'll still be able to break them free with a 392, but much better than some other options. I rub the AZ800 year round in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m in SC as well what part? I run 305/35/20s on mine in the Nitto 555RII and i am actually pretty pleased with them when they’re warm at least haven’t driven it sense the temp dropped. I like them but am definitely going to try out Atturos as mantis mentioned there’s a few people in here who say they are really good. And cheaper priced so when my nittos wear out I will be trying them out
I'm in Charleston which kinda sucks because there are no backroads around here where I can work on my technique. I was thinking about the continental dws06's but will have to take a look at Atturo's now.

Reactions: Callahan843

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,773 Posts
I have an R/T with a supercharger and the 1st time I tried a launch I smoked through 1st, 2nd, and a touch in 3rd. I had not tried launching for efficiencies since the 1970 & 80's (Road Runner, GTO, Firebird). It takes more than just good/proper tires. FYI I never do this with good condition daily driver tires, I was due for new tires.

I acquired two extra 20" Chrome Clads adding Atturo AZ850s' and begun to learn my car and how to launch it with the traction control partial off button press. My best 0-60 came on a launch with a slow steady throttle roll on with very little tire noise. I find it hard to repeat. 99% of the time when I play I'm already moving.

Here is similar to what you are shooting for in a launch. Tires had 32psi. Open Diff with 3.06. With TC partial off there is no electronic limited slip.

Reactions: Mantis

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,773 Posts
I guess to stay on point of the thread............... I forgot to suggest to keep an eye out or salvage hunt a matching set of two used take-offs and put some burners or testers on them. I like it becuse I don't have to rush to swap back to keep the cosmetics matching.

Beware of the Atturo Z850, These pics are from another post but mine are the same. Might change to Firestone Indy 500's

Tire Automotive tire Light Wheel Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I guess to stay on point of the thread............... I forgot to suggest to keep an eye out or salvage hunt a matching set of two used take-offs and put some burners or testers on them. I like it becuse I don't have to rush to swap back to keep the cosmetics matching.

Beware of the Atturo Z850, These pics are from another post but mine are the same. Might change to Firestone Indy 500's

View attachment 309588

View attachment 309589
I had that happen on one of mine. Actually the first set I ran a couple years ago that came from Simple Tire. Haven't had another one do it since, but I haven't bought another tire from Simple Tire since.

It SHOULD have been warrantied, but because I mounted it myself (while working for Firestone) they denied my warranty claim. Pay attention to that lol. I was getting paid to mount and balance tires, but because I did it myself, Simple Tire denied the warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,190 Posts
I'm in Charleston which kinda sucks because there are no backroads around here where I can work on my technique. I was thinking about the continental dws06's but will have to take a look at Atturo's now.
I run the DWS06 Plus and I'm at the 275/40ZR20 tire size square setup. They are much better than the stock tires as they where 245/45ZR20's which I can spin at will. But the DWS06 plus do hook better, I can still spin the crap out of them if I wish, They just hook eariler. I also devoped a technic on how not to spin the tires, I learned this at the drag strip mostly with Drag Radials and I applied my technic with a bit more roll into the throttle on the street. However, I don't blast off lights or race anyone on the street so hooking off the line on the street under heavy throttle conditions isn't that important to me.

Once you learn how these cars drive and how to torque comes in, even on the Goodyear tires, I can get off the line pretty quickly on the street with barely any spin. It's really throttle discipline.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I run the DWS06 Plus and I'm at the 275/40ZR20 tire size square setup. They are much better than the stock tires as they where 245/45ZR20's which I can spin at will. But the DWS06 plus do hook better, I can still spin the crap out of them if I wish, They just hook eariler. I also devoped a technic on how not to spin the tires, I learned this at the drag strip mostly with Drag Radials and I applied my technic with a bit more roll into the throttle on the street. However, I don't blast off lights or race anyone on the street so hooking off the line on the street under heavy throttle conditions isn't that important to me.

Once you learn how these cars drive and how to torque comes in, even on the Goodyear tires, I can get off the line pretty quickly on the street with barely any spin. It's really throttle discipline.
Thanks Mantis. I am really leaning toward the DWS06's. I have always like Conti tires anyway. I might get 4 of them for the stock wheels and get something more exotic for the 11" wheels to run on the back in the summer/most of the year. I assume they have a good ride for normal driving? How's the treadwear?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts