Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on the 51 north where the 101 east meets with it. A semi carrying bags of gravel starts to come into my lane, so I backed off and gave him room. When he realised he was in my lane he swerved over and either he kicked up rocks on the road or they pourded from the bag but I know now that I have scratches that go through every layer of paint and into the metal, plus a cracked windshield. I have to find out what my deductible is but hopefully here comes that srt hood i've been looking in to.

Pics will follow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used a quarter for reference of size, the affected areas of the hood are completely clean, minus the smear prints from my fingers when I was examining the scratches.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
damn that really bites!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I really hate it when that happens. I was behind a truck once and this huge piece of bent metal came off an hit my hood. I was very lucky it hit my hood and bounced over the windshield -- I would have been dead meat if it had struck the windshield.

This was in my pontiac before I got the charger.

·
Registered
629 Posts
in my truck i was riding behind one carrying the large qp and took it right in the windshield. never came thru but shattered the whole top 1/4 of it from the rear view mirror toward the left. i stopped bc i had all glass fly into my face (apparantly there are 2 layers of glass on a windshield). i windshield is easy to replace for a few hundred like i did, but when you have to deal with painted body parts thats where it gets expensive. i feel sorry for you :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts