Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my Daytona NEXT FRIDAY! :) :) :clap: :clap:

I was wondering, how long of a break-in should I perform before I take my Daytona to the track?

How many break-in miles would you put on her first?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats AZ, hope you have a ball. If it was me, I'd driver her 500-1000 miles, change the oil to whatever you are going to use, and go have some fun :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have 6000 miles on my R/T now and it is really starting to feel better. The MPG has increased significantly. Do you think 1000 miles is enough before pushing it that hard...I am shooting for 10000.

·
Registered
89 Posts
200-300 miles should be fine for a break in. Mine had 528 miles on it first pass down the strip.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Personally, I would accept what the book says about break in. But also, I firmly believe your not getting maximum power til after 5K. Not any conspiracy theory about the computer locking it down, just that as the engine wears in, she just plain works better.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Drive It At 2200 T0 2500 Rpm In 4th Gear For 30 Min Just To Seat The Rings In Then You Be Ok. Thats The Way Most Engine Builder Break In There Engines.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Hey mike....

According to the owners manual you must let me borrow the car for 1 full weekend before taking it to the track....

I know it will suck to be without the car for a weekend... but according to the owners manual... it is best for the car...

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to the owners manual you must let me borrow the car for 1 full weekend before taking it to the track....

I know it will suck to be without the car for a weekend... but according to the owners manual... it is best for the car.......
OMG LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts