Charger Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Does anyone know what after market stores have these inner tie rod ends ? I can't find them. I have 86000 on my 2006 RT and don't really want to do a whole steering rack. I just got tires and found out about this problem or I would have traded the darn thing in.
Chin up, if you just do the tie rods it should be cheap and easy.

Try rockauto.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
My regular mechanic told me my tie rod ends were bad and I should take it in under my extended warranty. I did so, and when I arrived at the dealer the guy told me, "We hear that all the time, but the tie rod ends never go bad on these cars. I don't know why all the oil change places tell people they have bad tie rod ends."

Well, the dealer looked at my car and decided that yes, my tie rod ends are bad. They replaced the entire steering rack. The guy said you can't get just a tie rod end, you have to replace the whole front end.

Is that true? I don't really care because I only paid my $100 deductible under my extended warranty, but that sounds extremely odd and dumb. If it's true, it must have been a German who made that decision.
I replaced my inner outer tie rods on my stock rack n pinion on my 08 charger without replacing rack... sounds to me like dealer wanted to get the most out of that job man good thing u only paid the deductible

21 - 22 of 22 Posts