Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Daytona charger this morning I started it and noticed a ticking noise it got better when it warmed up I just bought it and it didn't make the noise until I just recently got a oil change don't think the dealership used synthetic would that make a difference? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
If you can post up a video that would help. The HEMI ticks

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I have a 2006 Daytona charger this morning I started it and noticed a ticking noise it got better when it warmed up I just bought it and it didn't make the noise until I just recently got a oil change don't think the dealership used synthetic would that make a difference? thanks
Typically a car as seasoned as your 2006 Daytona with the 5.7L MDS Hemi will typically have some deposits in the lifter area that will become stuck when the car sits and is cold. The lifters will intermittently get lodged in this residue and not pump up appropriately until it warms up. If the dealership used a solvent refined oil in your change, this will exacerbate the issue as well. This is probably what you are hearing.

We have found this to be the case a lot so when we make the QuantumBlue Custom Blended Lubricants, we make them to diesel quality which will help dissolve this material and get the engine clean so that this won't occur. A get clean and then keep clean regimen :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had this problem as well a ticking sound from engine when parked, they told me change your oil and filter and i did, got royal purple 5w20 and the mopar filter, but still the sound came back yes they told they are the lifters but how can i fix this issue?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
i had this problem as well a ticking sound from engine when parked, they told me change your oil and filter and i did, got royal purple 5w20 and the mopar filter, but still the sound came back yes they told they are the lifters but how can i fix this issue?
Whether it is Mobil 1, Royal Purple, Redline, Quaker Q, or any other PAO based synthetic, the molecule size is very small and has virtually no cushion in the engine. You need a molecule structure that produces significant cushion and carries the additives in suspension and doesn't drop them in the oil pan.

We don't use PAO on purpose...by design. This is why we can address the tick and get rid of it. As long as you are using ACES IV and QuantumBlue, the noise goes away due to it's custom blending. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
747 Posts
Could be the EGR, that causes a tick as well as the hydraulic lifters. Put those two together in an aluminum engine and the resonance you get from it sounds like you're in a clock store.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
What is Aces IV?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
What is Aces IV?
ACES IV is a gasoline catalyst designed to get clean and keep clean your engine first.

Second it produces more HP and torque from the available fuel charge you put in the cylinders.

Third it produces an upper cylinder lubricity that reduces ring and bore wear by 6 times longer, 4 times less stem and guide wear, and 5 times more cushion on the valve seat and valve face.

598 on ACES IV and premium fuel:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213993

Here is an excerpt from the 2010 Chevy Book about ACES IV:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
440 Posts
i had a 2006 Daytona and the tick you are talking about . My car had 125000 miles on it .
I switched to Quantum Blue and ACEs 4 and it worked ! the engine was so much quieter
car still runs quiet . Don't know how it works but it does . Buy the engine oil kit with the extra large filter plus Aces IV to clean and lube your valve train . you will not be sorry you did .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts