Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else seem to have a problem with Hyundai Tiburons wanting to run? I have had this happen multiple times, at red light and on the highway. This guy pulls up next to me today and starts to "jump" his front end at me at the red light. I just look over at him, gave a smirk, and looked back forward. I slowly brought the RPMs up and when the light turned green, we both hit it. I had him right off the line and all he saw was tallights. We got stopped at the next light and he would not pull up next to me. I know their cars are supposed to be "sharks", but come on.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
PPPLLLEEEAASSEEEEEEEEE!!!!! someone tell them ricers to go away. same problem here, all rev but no butt!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
upps that shark got bitten lol, he never had a chance against 390lb/ft of torque lol, that was like a killer whale vs a blue shark

·
Registered
467 Posts
my moms b/f has an 06 tiburon se that has a custom bodykit, black racing rims, and some other addons. thats how it came from the dealer. for what they are, i think they are decent little sports coupes. yeah they could use a little more than the 2.7 v6 (think its about 170hp). he gave me a ride in it one time to see how it performs. thought it was pretty good, but then i got my charger a few months later (changed my thinking) now if they came out with the 3.3l from the sonata, that thing would fly. the sonata has some balls but has no suspension to handle it plus they are so light. had a rental sonata with the 3.3 v6, in bumper-bumper traffic, though doing 60, car slams on brakes in front of me. i hit mine hard and this car started wobbling back and forth and almost went off into the median.

heres 2 pics of the tiburon and my moms 06 eclipse spyder

btw, he is a surgeon hence the special plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I had some idiot in a RSX do that to me but, I looked in my mirror, a few cars back was a cop car so, I started bringing up the rpm's and when the changed he was gone. I just drove off normally. The cops went flying by me with the lights on.
About 2 blocks away he was getting a ticket. I gave him the thumbs up.
hahahaha...****ing moron ricers...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had some idiot in a RSX do that to me but, I looked in my mirror, a few cars back was a cop car so, I started bringing up the rpm's and when the changed he was gone. I just drove off normally. The cops went flying by me with the lights on.
I can be a d**k to ricers as much as anybody, but last time I was in the same kind of situation, I let the guy who wanted to run know there was Johnny Law lurking.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The base GS trim is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine making 138horsepower and 136 pound-feet of torque and comes standard with a five-speed manual transmission. The SE adds a 6-speed manual transmission. They are nice cars for the money, but they're heavy FWD's, similar to the Mitsubishi Eclipse (but with less power). They're definitely not fast, but I have heard of people bolting turbos on to them (at least the 1st gens).

And the proper plural form of Tiburon is "Tiburones" in Spanish (which "Tiburon" is).

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Love it

anyone too stupid to see a cop behind them needs to get a ticket

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Waste of Gas? I just give em the....:no:

I parked my Super Bee directly in front of the Hyundai showroom to pickup some warranty paperwork for my wife's Toyota (shared office, I guess). Immediately, Hyundai salesmen were all over the SRT like George McFly on a fine woman. Would've made a great Dodge commercial.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Waste of Gas?
Nah... I don't waste enough gas on them to amount to anything as it doesn't last long before they are well behind.

And I've done that with a cop up ahead at the next light and the guy that wants to run didn't see him. Bring up the RPMs and reve it a little, and when the light turns, just pull off normally and the guy next to you takes off. Once he sees the cop, it's too late. What has made that even better is that there is a local sheriff with a Charger patrol car. He has pulled over a couple like that before. I just give a wave as I go by.:lol:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I wonder how they would do against a 3.5L? Maybe I will have to go find one to play....:lol:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I wonder how they would do against a 3.5L? Maybe I will have to go find one to play....:lol:
it d be close, i think you have the edge still. Hey i see u have a tons of mod but not one single one of them are performance wise. how do 3.5 respond to mods?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its a shame, because I think Hyundai got it right on the styling with those Tiburons, but completely jumped the shark (no pun intended) on the engine.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
it d be close, i think you have the edge still. Hey i see u have a tons of mod but not one single one of them are performance wise. how do 3.5 respond to mods?
They don't respond well to mods. Not much you can do to them until DCX unlocks the codes.:(

I didn't buy the 3.5L for speed. I bought it for a comfy kid hauler that looks good.:grin:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Its a shame, because I think Hyundai got it right on the styling with those Tiburons, but completely jumped the shark (no pun intended) on the engine.
I own a tiburon and I have to agree with you. they're slow. I would not pull up to a charger and wanna race :)

Here is mine.

·
Registered
467 Posts
r&t (nov issue) just had an article on the next tiburon. its supposed be based on the genesis rwd wheelbase (next big hyundai car). so it would be about a mustang's size. choice of engines are 3.8 v6 and 4.6 v8. if its weight it kept down, chargers may be in trouble against the 4.6.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
The front of your car looks like it could swallow a VW Beetle.:grin:
Yeah...I love it. I put a lot of sweat into that damn car.....

But after I got the charger I got used to having leg room, trunk space, & all that power......

so the tiburon only gets driven when I'm working on the charger...or when it's time to jump the battery and let it charge :)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
r&t (nov issue) just had an article on the next tiburon. its supposed be based on the genesis rwd wheelbase (next big hyundai car). so it would be about a mustang's size. choice of engines are 3.8 v6 and 4.6 v8. if its weight it kept down, chargers may be in trouble against the 4.6.
That is the day I sell my car and park it!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I used to have an 04 Hyundai Tiburon GT 6 Speed with a supercharger... Car made 331hp on the dyno but was still a slug! Dont worry about em!! They just want a charger :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts