Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out why the pedal feels like a dead zone when I try to accelerate it while going 40-50MPH. I really have to put the pedal to the medal before the car starts moving!!
2009 RT with CAI and Predator tune.
Are all these cars like this? I drove a rented chrysler 300 with the 6 cyl and the car wanted to take off with no fuss!!!
:confused:

·
Registered
399 Posts
In 2009 they changed the rear axle ratio to 2.65 which is great for fuel economy and top speed - but is not as responsive to aggressive acceleration as a lower axle ratio would be. Incidentally some of the v6 cars have the lowest axle ratios to compensate for lack of Horsepower.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done the throttle calibration also. Maybe changing to a corsa exhaust might help!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, I think it is something with the 2009's because mine does the same thing, but more along the lines of a hard accl from about 10-20 it seems to bog down before it takes off...Anyone have any slick ideas as to how to fix that?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Probably cuz the converter is locked in 3rd. This gives too low of rpm for any power and only until you give it enough throttle to unlock the converter will you get some response.

Its like driving a stick in 4th at that speed and rolling on the gas with no down shift = bog. If the programmers would fix this issue I would be all over one.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I will get flame for sure but I have noticed some dead pedal when I had a CAI installed... nothing with the stock air intake though...call me crazy:cowsmile:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does the throttle calibration work and can I get that done at the dealership?
Check this web site:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1818605
Bring your throttle response to life!

Just wondering if anybody has that throttle lag when it shouldn't???
Would open exhaust like corsica fix it?
I thought our rears were 2.95 not 2.65?
3.05's are found on the SRT's....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
How does the throttle calibration work and can I get that done at the dealership?
you can do it with the key way:

turn to on
push hard the pedal
release the pedal
back to off the key

If you can´t, you can ask to your dealer, I did it 2 days ago with my dealer and the starscan!!! :D Great job and free!!!!

why with the starscan? because I followed step by step the instructions posted here at the forum, and I can´t perform the calibration in the correct way.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I fooled around with the calibration a couple of times. I had an idea and my butt dyno seems to have agreed with my original thoughts. I thought since its fly by wire that If you push it too far down and leave it down too long then it'll see that and stay heavy at the bottom of the pedal. So, I didn't go all the way to the floor. I stopped as soon as I could barely feel the floor and immediately came back up. This seems to have given me the results I was looking for. I still have a stock exhaust but I finally put a CAI on it. With the BT CAI I'm now able to feather the throttle when doing burnouts. Before it would spin up way too fast and change gears or get stuck around 2500 rpms. Now I can comfortably keep it where I need it to really hate my tires. From everything I've found out tho, if you don't have a tuner then you'll never be satisfied with the car. Get the Predator!! Its my next buy!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts