Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First off let start by saying hi. This is my first time here and posting.

I have what i think might be a potential problem i need help with.

I have a 08 charger SXT (just bought it used) and has about 70K miles on it. A few morning ago it was very cold
(single digits) and when i went to start it my Electronic Throttle Control light started flashing, and the throttle was a little rough on my way to destination. When i got where i was going i turned it off and restarted and the light was gone and the car drove fine. It has been a few days since that and i have not had any more trouble since, nor any trottle issues. So today i decided to pull the codes from the car and the two showing was 2122 and 2138 which is related to the throttle sensors. Is this something i should be immediately worried about? Again, i have had no issues since that very cold morning.

I do have the added plus warranty so would it cover something like this?

Thanks a lot!!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It could just be ice/frost on the throttle body and butterfly. It's been known to happen.

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a real issue, it will let you know soon enough. Until then, you have nothing to have serviced since it cleared itself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While i still have no issues with it, the codes are still showing so you still think it would be ok? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
While i still have no issues with it, the codes are still showing so you still think it would be ok? Thanks!!
The codes aren't active anymore and won't cause any issue. Pull fuse number 11 under the hood for 30 seconds and they will be erased.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Fuse 11 is the ABS Valves. Is this the correct one?
Sorry, I missed that you had a 2008. Fuse #11 was for '06-'07. You want to pull fuse #2

#2 - 25A - Neutral - Powertrain Control Module (PCM) --- pull this fuse for 30 seconds to clear TCM adaptives

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Like Ddaddy said, aren't active.

If you had not pulled the fuse, the system would have cleared the code automatically after 30 starts.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Like Ddaddy said, aren't active.

If you had not pulled the fuse, the system would have cleared the code automatically after 30 starts.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Whoa! Not 30 starts...3 starts! (with long enough run intervals)

I'm sure that was a typo...right? :grin2:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Well i have certinally had more than 3 starts and they are still there.
Sorry. I should have been more clear. It's the MIL (check engine light) that clears after 3 starts. The inactive codes remain in the memory until cleared. Pull fuse #2 like I posted and it should clear them.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Oh, good! Unless they come back, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

If they do come back, be sure to post and let us know and we can see if we can help more. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the last two mornings i went to start it (both morning temp were single digits) it has again giving me the throttle light. I had to turn the car off a few times and let it warm up before it stopped. Is there anyway to prevent the trottle from freezing like this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bringing this back from the dead as i once again had this issue. It was only about 48 degree when this happened so im wondering if the senor needs replacing? It gave me the same code 2138.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
knd578,

If this occurred in 48 degree weather, I'd say it's at least worth a trip to the dealership to see what's causing this. The dealership will be able to determine for you whether the specific repair that may need to be done will be covered by your extended warranty. If you would like any assistance in scheduling an appointment, please feel free to reach out to me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts