Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Who knows if the trottle body 85 or 90mm Arrington is a good tunes?
I have somes modification in my srt ( signature) and I cherch to know if the Arrington trottle body is good for me, how many hp I would can get and what's product I ll be buy (85 or 90)

Thanks for help :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I have the 85mm TB with my 6.7 liter stroker. Its a great addition. Tuner didnt like the 90mm and I respect his choice because damn can he tune.

truthfully though, with the RT anywys, the TB is pointless unless you have a stroker.

I'd assume an SRT8 can benefit from a larger TB if you have the heads and cam and LTs to help the airflow. But Im just assuming as I dont have an SRT8.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I havn't got cam. I thinked the srt8 cam is good and it's not very good modification to chang it.

But with my modification ( I'll go to modified my intake manifold and align intake manifold with my heads and with trottle body& polish it) but with all thats, with stock cams, how many air can't usefull for my engine?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
On a stock 5.7L intake manifold the 85MM one will be an excellent addition. Do you plan to run nitrous ever? There are too options, no nitrous, or with nitrous ports for an additional 200. Comes with caps so you could always add the nitrous later.

The cast t/bs are great because they are a true 85mm throughout vs. 85 at the tip, stock towards the middle, 85 at the other side.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM or give us a call at 1-877-BMC-RWHP!

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM sended.
I Have a 6.1L HEMI. No nitrous.
I wait to know if this modification is great for eventualy buy it and modify my intake manifold.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody can help me?:alfdance:

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Until you get a stroker... there is no really is no need to spend your money on getting the throttlebody upgrade. Use your money on other mods.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cherche a great tunes for my charger 6.1L. I already have modification (signature). What's next?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Long tube headers, then Tq converter/LSD, then heads/cam, then stroker/TB

Thats what I would do. I got the stroker and TB 1st and will be getting the back end in a few months. But I agree with what some members have said, no stroker, no use getting the TB, get the headers 1st.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Long tube headers, then Tq converter/LSD, then heads/cam, then stroker/TB

Thats what I would do. I got the stroker and TB 1st and will be getting the back end in a few months. But I agree with what some members have said, no stroker, no use getting the TB, get the headers 1st.
Good idea. I will modifed thats in first.
:beerchug:

·
Registered
83 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts