Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw code P0700, Need new TCM?

So driving the car back from the paint shop and having my new 22s put on (AreTee's old rims, so pretty!) The car went all weird on me, CEL came on, and the dash hawk gives me code P0700. I checked. TCM code.

I have my shiftpoints at 6200, stroker motor, and aftermarket Tq converter.

I'm guessing I need a re-flashed TCM? or is there a different fix to this issue?

If not, who can I get the TCM from?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, I'm not asking how to clear the code or if it's serious. I've cleared it and she drives normal. no issues. But I'm afraid this will happen again. My question is why exactly did it happen and where can I get a TCM that will recognise my mods so this doesnt happen again?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump... someone has got to know who can hook me up with a TCM.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It has been a while. I think you can clear the TCM by disconnecting the battery. Your adaptives on the PCM will also be cleared. Overrev code is set both in the PCM as well as the TCM.

C.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I beleive this is a transmission code the larger wheels probaly set it off. Pull fuse 11, this will reset it. Does your tranny act strange since the wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was the 1st time it happened. I've cleared the code, my thing is I need a new TCM.

I heard that HHR has them, but I cant find them on here. Does any othe rvendor actually reflash TCMs to your specific needs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts