Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This is my first post here. I'm a Camaro owner ('86 IROC) and often post in some of those boards. My daily driver is a 2001 Honda Accord -- beautiful car but with three boys in boosters it is tight driving them to day care / wherever. My wife has the requisite minivan so I don't want a van and I drive 50+ miles each way to work so I don't want an SUV.

I'd really like a large, full size car like the Charger as my daily driver. They have had my attention for some time. It has everything I want including a good V6 and V8. Even when my kids see one they say "that's the car Daddy wants!"

If I can somehow talk my wife into letting me trade my Accord for a used Charger, I'm still concerned there might not be enough room in the rear seat.

Have any of you put three kids in boosters (not the 5-point seats) back there? Is it really tight or can three people sit without their elbos poking ribs every time one of them breathes?

Thanks,

Oddball

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Almost. I have three boys. Two of them are in boosters, but I'm pretty sure a third will fit okay. We also have a 2008 Jeep Cherokee. There's more room for them in the Charger.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have had 2 adults and a 9 year old girl in the back seat. Tight quarters to be sure and no way would I try 3 adults in the back.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Should work fine. I had three adults in the back two of them and myself over 200 lbs. In all we had about 980 lbs in the car and it drove fine. And no the five of us weren't out looking for buffets to crash. Three bodybuilders and two average guys. Car did have a nice lowered stance tho. LOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I have had 2 adults and a 9 year old girl in the back seat. Tight quarters to be sure and no way would I try 3 adults in the back.
I had three adults in the back once and actually got compliments of how much room was back there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. Now to find something cheap enough to get me though when all of them are in elementery school so I can buy a new R/T :)

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I've had 2 in my back seat and it appears like a 3rd would fit without any issues. You might want to cart your 3 boosters to a dealer and just check to be sure. It would only take a couple of minutes. I didn't check to see if there were enough LATCH points for a 3rd seat in the middle though.

Best,

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had 2 in my back seat and it appears like a 3rd would fit without any issues. You might want to cart your 3 boosters to a dealer and just check to be sure. It would only take a couple of minutes. I didn't check to see if there were enough LATCH points for a 3rd seat in the middle though.

Best,
I believe the 08 manual says there are 3 separate LATCH seats in the rear. Of course double check by bringing them to your dealer to see for yourself.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi. This is my first post here. I'm a Camaro owner ('86 IROC) and often post in some of those boards. My daily driver is a 2001 Honda Accord -- beautiful car but with three boys in boosters it is tight driving them to day care / wherever. My wife has the requisite minivan so I don't want a van and I drive 50+ miles each way to work so I don't want an SUV.

I'd really like a large, full size car like the Charger as my daily driver. They have had my attention for some time. It has everything I want including a good V6 and V8. Even when my kids see one they say "that's the car Daddy wants!"

If I can somehow talk my wife into letting me trade my Accord for a used Charger, I'm still concerned there might not be enough room in the rear seat.

Have any of you put three kids in boosters (not the 5-point seats) back there? Is it really tight or can three people sit without their elbos poking ribs every time one of them breathes?

Thanks,

Oddball
I say rent one for a weekend and see. It dont matter if its a V6 or not same car size. and shouldnt be too $$$ for a weekend. If it dont work out drive the hell out of it just for the fun factor. but isnt that what rentals are for???? because i would never drive mine like i did the rental. and a few days later thay called and ask why the tires were worn. :whistle: :whistle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts