Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you Fellow Dodge Charger owners, feel regret in buying your Charger R/T, SXT, ext. instead of waiting for the SRT-8?? I know we all buy cars for different reasons, just curious on what you all think????

Also tell me your experiences with your cars, what you have raced, what are your feelings on the car, how u like the performance compared to other cars on the market, anything please??????

I love thet new Charger and cant wait to get mine!!!!!!!!!

Chargers Forever!!!!!! :love: :rockon:

·
Registered
249 Posts
REGRETS????This aint no 300C Regret FORUM! HA!

No, I love my charger and its roots. The Daytona was too Flashy. I like to keep Low.

This car is absouletly BEST car I have ever owned. Only thing that would top this is my buddy's 2005 GT40.

Cheers!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Butter06,
Whats the Performance 1 Package???

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
No regret...never will...Love my R/T owned since May 18 and have 5250 miles on it now and love it more and more everyday. I bought what I wanted and If Iwanted the SRT-8 I would have waited.

·
Registered
369 Posts
No regrets here either...by far the best car I have ever driven or owned.SRT-8 would be nice if I could afford it and the gas...this afternoon here,gas went from $2.49 to $2.76!!!!!!.....for 87 octane. I know it's higher alot of other places,but here in NJ,this is HUGE!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I currently drive an r/t dodge dakota 5.9L and im getting 9 mph. That's right 9 i have to use 93 octane cause of some light mods and the gas prices here just hit $2.82 for 93 octane. Can't wait for my charger. Haven't ordered it yet but just trying to figure out what my total finance charge will be and if i can get the one i want! I'm debating between the daytona top banana and the charger r/t with the raod and track pkg. Anyone know how i would order the charger with the road/track pkg? Any help i would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks
Corey

·
Registered
289 Posts
If people have regrets to BAD. Should have done their homework before. Did my homework and am please with me R/T. There only two things that I want from the SRT are the rims and the hood. R/T has plenty of power for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, if the SRT8 was available at the time I would have gotten it, especially since they decided to sell it for $35995 instead of the Dodge projected price of $39995. I love the performance accessories that it offers, but I am not regretting my car now. I know that mine has a nicer ride, better ground clearance, better gas mileage, and will accomplish 95% of all my driving on the road. Any faster and it would just get me into trouble!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Although I was tempted, I ultimately decided against the SRT-8 simply because it wasn't as practical for my purposes. I will be using the car to commute to work every day, and the idea of driving a 425 HP RWD car on icy Chicago streets seems a bit daunting to me. If I lived in a warm climate, the decision would have been much more difficult. Ultimately, I probably would have still gone with the R/T because I'm not a huge fan of the performance seats that come in the SRT-8. I do think the car looks wicked though, with that air intake on the hood and those bright red Brembos! :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hell no. My RT is hands down the best and baddest car I've ever owned.
THe sRT will be more powerful but not practical. Especially with gas going
to hit $4-5 a gallon soon due to the Hurricane.

The SRT will be cool don't get me wrong but for $45,000 not.

They will sticker at $37,000 or so but sell for at least $45,000.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Racer X said:
If people have regrets to BAD. Should have done their homework before. Did my homework and am please with me R/T. There only two things that I want from the SRT are the rims and the hood. R/T has plenty of power for me.

PLENTY OF POWER. :wink:

Oh, the perf Pack 1 is what the dealers label as another way of saying the suspension on the R/T's are not the same suspension on the SXT or SE. These springs and shocks on the R/T are a bit Tighter than the other models. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Purchased my loaded R/T in early July - right off the show room floor - have driven it 4800 miles to date and have loved every minute of it. I fall more in love with it the more I drive it. It's the best car I've owned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't regret it at all. My Daytona is my daily driver. The greater cost, the premium fuel, and 6 MPG less, plus the insurance cost of the SRT are just not pratical for me. Maybe when the Challenger SRT comes out in a few more years I will step up to an SRT.

·
Registered
732 Posts
NO regrets, I've modded and raced almost every vehicle I've owned. Not this one, it's my family cruiser, If I was going to buy a car with the intentions of making it a fast street machine, it wouldn't be a charger. It's to damn heavy, even with the SRT motor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts