Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2018 SXT Plus, I just got her yesterday. 3.6 Pentastar as everyone knows, and of course one of the first things you have to do is make it loud. I was wondering what input I could get for a new muffler setup. I plan on removing my resonator, and don't want to get the high-toned Rice sound. Thanks All.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Don't waste your time removing the resonators on the V6..it will drone you to death between 1600-2400 rpm (right where you drive it most of the time)...and not a little drone, I'm talking about vibrate your teeth drone that makes you want to sell the car...

I tried 6-7 systems on my 2013 SE V6, some were barely tolerable, most sucked. When I got my 2016 SXT Plus V6 I put on the SOLO J pipe system.

After about 1,000 miles of break-in (yes it has to "break in" and the computer has adjust to the better flow) it is excellent...nice deep low idle, quiet while cruising, and a devil at WOT.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I use Delta 50's on my car. They have a nice rumble at idle, quiet on a gentle cruise, but very loud on flooring it. It's a step up from the stock muffler, but not the obnoxiousness of a 40 series (unless if you want that). I like it because I can blend in with traffic until I give it the hurt to the accelerator.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Super 44's are the 40 series minus the mid-range drone and a bit quieter at WOT. I've had the Delta 50's before and they are relatively quiet but has a nice tone at low rpm's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Super 10s

I personally wouldn't recommend the super 10s for your 3.6. I love them on my 5.7, but they have a much higher pitch sound. I think it would be a little too high when combined with the smaller engine. If you like that higher pitch "track sound" then go for it but I think something in the 40 series would sound better on your smaller engine. It would give it a deeper "muscle car rumble" versus a high pitch track roar. Either way it'll still be loud when you get on it. Definitely check out some videos on Youtube so you can see what it sounds like first. That gave me some great direction on picking my exhaust components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts