Charger Forums banner

Approve?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger SE RWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had an obsession with unusual mods that are rarely done, and decided I was going to put a roof rack on my charger. Most people do this for function, but I did it for looks. Wind noise is not bad, and I get lots of head turns.
forum1.jpg

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Not my thing, but if you enjoy it why not? Reminds me of the Jetta Trek edition.

Reactions: feeler and POWERMAN

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Not my cup of Tea, MPG will plummet. And if your not going to use it, its kinda pointless. But its your car and money.
Rear window louvers would have been a better choice maybe.

Reactions: feeler

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I think the rack would look better, and more unusual, in white.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks like something you'd drive through the Outback of Australia. I'm sure it's quite functional and handy, but, only when it's needed.

Greg

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks like something you'd drive through the Outback of Australia. I'm sure it's quite functional and handy, but, only when it's needed.

Greg
A real OZ outback Charger would have a 'roo guard, too.

roo guard.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,599 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I think Feeler might be onto something here. Looks like it could be a good place for the nagging spouse, or mother in law, who constantly laments not having a convertible. 😂 😂

Don

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
A real OZ outback Charger would have a 'roo guard, too.

View attachment 297576
You also need the obligatory ladder up the side. :)

I guess it takes all kinds. A picnic table up there would look cool. That could be his next mod. :)

Best,

Reactions: feeler and CtCarl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not my cup of Tea, MPG will plummet. And if your not going to use it, its kinda pointless. But its your car and money.
MPG actually doing okay so far, my average only dropped 1 or 2 mpg. Most of the time it will go unused, but helps for trips to the mountain for skis, luggage, and my guitar!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OP getting set for the apocalypse!

Getting a custom fabricated piece that connects to it, and it's going to set over the trunk for a spare tire and a 15 gal gas tank. As well as a bull bar with lights!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Feeler might be onto something here. Looks like it could be a good place for the nagging spouse, or mother in law, who constantly laments not having a convertible. 😂 😂

Don
My girlfriend said convertibles are for girls... I know where I'm putting her!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I've had an obsession with unusual mods that are rarely done, and decided I was going to put a roof rack on my charger. Most people do this for function, but I did it for looks. Wind noise is not bad, and I get lots of head turns.
I voted for yes... not because I'd do it, but more because I wouldn't do it. I like people who make a car their own. You drive, make it whatever you want it to be. I like the idea of adding the push-bar to the front, and adding louvers would look good too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I voted for yes... not because I'd do it, but more because I wouldn't do it. I like people who make a car their own. You drive, make it whatever you want it to be. I like the idea of adding the push-bar to the front, and adding louvers would look good too!
Thank you! That's what I think everyone should strive to do, be unique!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Wagon Queen Family Truckster vibes... Aunt Edna on the roof...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts