Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been tossing around the idea to sell my 06 daytona and maybe getting into an 06 dodge ram srt 10. i told my wife that if i do sell my baby then i'll only go with something with more horsepower and/or a little crazy.

so heres what i'm wondering about. i know this is a charger forums and we all love our cars. but have any of you have first hand knowledge of the srt10's and what the pro's and con's are?

on the other hand i know i can do alot to my car...ie...preditor programer, exhause, headers, CAI, and plenty of others. do you all think this is the better route to take or just go with that nasty viper v10 motor and play with that a little???

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Well, I love those SRT10 Rams. I gave back my Daytona to Chrysler after 3 years and 2 months because I could no longer afford it. I carried over some debt into that loan and it became to much after I had lost my job.

I have a new job now that pays very well, and I have been contemplating getting an SRT10 RC maybe next year if I can work down my other debt to near zero levels, and save for a decent downpayment.

Why the SRT10? Well, I've seen someone bring the hp up to crazy levels. Sure, you could do that with the HEMI, but something just screams "look at me" louder than the HEMI. :rockon:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Back in SRT school (SRT experience) they told us that a benchmark for all SRT vehicles was to be able to do 0-100-0 in 16 seconds or less. I'm assuming that the Ram SRT10 with the Viper engine would be able to perform to that benchmark. I've run with a few Ram SRT10s up close and they are badass.
Does your Daytona do that? And is that performance important to you?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Your TB gets better MPG, I'd keep unless you don't care about interior space and need a bed?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Your TB gets better MPG, I'd keep unless you don't care about interior space and need a bed?
Yep, x2. Unless you're talking about performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i really dont' care bout gas milage. i drive less then 1/8 a mile to work. its kinda nice. i know also that the only way i'd get that srt10 is if it was a quad cab. i hear they are a little slower, but not much. and frankly, with that 500 ponies under the hood, whats it matter. lol

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Well, there you go. Decision made.
SRT10 pics forthcoming, right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My friend brought his stock Challenger RT to the track a couple weeks ago and posted better quarter mile times than the 2-3 SRT10's that were there. They were in the 15's. I was there watching and recording though I didn't record any of the SRT-10's runs.
SRT10's get 10MPG on a good day. I've always liked them and wanted one but I'm surprised at the times I saw at the Las Vegas speedway track. The quad cab is supposedly a lot slower from what I've read.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
why not put the v10 engine on ur TB?? :grin:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. They have no room. unless you get the extended cab and are slow....no two ways about it for a truck with a friggn V-10. I know a guy in Myrtle where my condo is at and we ran when i went home this winter and it was`nt even close! He has the extended cab model. The gas milage in those thing is AWFUL!

·
Registered
445 Posts
You might want to look up Mrdolomite on this forum. He has an PC SRT8 but his brother and dad both have SRT-10 trucks. He should be able to give some good info.

·
Registered
146 Posts
srt 10

Well everyone seems to be giving good advice, I had a quad 10 as my 2nd srt 1st magnum 2nd srt10 quad 3rd jeep srt8 and now pcsrt8 charger my brother has had reg cab srt10 srt8 jeep and now a srt8 chally and we both agree that the charger and chally (of course we disagree on which one) are the best 2 options,
cons pros
the sound is just ok on truck but 6.1 is better
from stand still the rear breaks free bad on WOT
1/4 mile times ok for a truck but... not what you would like for the money
cornering please :rolleyes2:
pickup bed it looks better with the harptop toneau cover which then its just a big trunk or looks nasty with a spray in bedliner so not likely you would use it like a truck. so IMHO the best mopar option is are the chally/charger
the 6.1s with a supercharger is one bad beast and other then supercars lambos etc or a saleen gt500 or zr1 which all cost more dough it does it all well and you can borrow or rent a truck when you need to move a couch or something, oh and dont forget that all your relatives will think you have a truck and ask you to help them move with a srt10 quad :slap: ok im done running my mouth :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never liked SUVs it feels like you are going to flip going around a corner.
HUH? where did that come from? who was talking bout SUV's?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts