Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<I searched first for like 30minutes and didn't come up with anything on this>

I'm looking to get some DMH cutouts for my R/T. I'm going to leave the stock exhaust on, so which size should I get 2.5" or 3.0"?

Also, it asks me for the length of the wiring harness needed. What length do you recommend? Thanks for your help in advance.:)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
<I searched first for like 30minutes and didn't come up with anything on this>

I'm looking to get some DMH cutouts for my R/T. I'm going to leave the stock exhaust on, so which size should I get 2.5" or 3.0"?

Also, it asks me for the length of the wiring harness needed. What length do you recommend? Thanks for your help in advance.:)
don't know the answer to the wiring harness but I would guess it depends on where you want to mount your switch. as far as the inlet size, you need 2.5" with the R/T exhaust

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks! I plan to mount the cutout post-cats (of course) and have the switch on the center console portion of the car, probably around where the cig lighter is at. I guess that answers my question, you can always cut/splice the wire and make it shorter! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I can only tell you what I have.

R/T Daytona. 2.5" exhaust, DMH-Perfomance Cut -outs (talk with/e-mail Dave @ dmhperformance.com)...

Kit comes w/LOTS of wiring to run a couple , three different ways...

·
Registered
805 Posts
What kind of price are they getting for them? Anybody know if they're having any group buys? I'd love to get them.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I would also be down for getting in such a group buy. I definitely want the low-profile ones too.

-Pat

·
Registered
635 Posts
has anyone wired the switch to the seat heater switch? (I live in Hawaii and theres no real need for that part to be operating)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
$360 isnt that bad if you ask me! Some people spend more than that on there exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
has anyone wired the switch to the seat heater switch? (I live in Hawaii and theres no real need for that part to be operating)
Great Idea!!! I live in Vegas and I dont use my heaters either.

·
Registered
460 Posts
what exactly do these cut outs do?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd love to wire them as a trigger under the shift knob..

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
what exactly do these cut outs do?
Cutouts open the exhaust system. It allows the exhaust to bypass the mufflers and resonators, producing a very nice open pipe roar.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Absolutely, Positively, without any question or argument, the best $550.00 (installed) I have EVER spent on ANY car. If you drive a Hemi, and are trying to mod your car....if you don't do this Mod, you are robbing yourself........

DON'T THINK...........just DO IT

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I'd love to wire them as a trigger under the shift knob..
wow, imagine them as a trigger on a BT pistol grip shift knob!!!!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The shop here in town charged me $75 to install and build the y pipe. So I ordered mine without the ypipe from DHM and they were only $300..

Here is a video of the set I installed on my 71 Chevy pickup. I do not have a video of the car yet

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
805 Posts
The shop here in town charged me $75 to install and build the y pipe. So I ordered mine without the ypipe from DHM and they were only $300..

Here is a video of the set I installed on my 71 Chevy pickup. I do not have a video of the car yet

[/URL][/IMG]
$300 a pair, how long ago? That's a great price!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts