Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well there's another option...i saw those boxes as well, but the other website was more for those of us that want the subs on the side.

however, that IS a good price for the amount of room you'll still have in the trunk and its flush with the sides as well. i still wanna let my seats down and have access to my full trunk if i need that extra room!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
well there's another option...i saw those boxes as well, but the other website was more for those of us that want the subs on the side.

however, that IS a good price for the amount of room you'll still have in the trunk and its flush with the sides as well. i still wanna let my seats down and have access to my full trunk if i need that extra room!
How about access to the battery and spare tire? :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dunno...it looks like it might still give access to the spare!! it sits back pretty far in the picture!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
great price, but why would you need two? just get a better sub and amp with the 270 saved and use one.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
i have installed the side rear quarter panel enclosures and you cant get the floor up to service the battery with out removing the sub first. remember that most subs out there take 1.25 to 1.50 cubic feet of air space and to reach that a corner sub box WILL hang over the spare cover on the floor and with the zenclosure you can still open it and they will build it for one sub if you want. and the botton line is this-A FIBER GLASS enclosure will NEVER in a million years hit like a MDF box look at MY AVATAR-that is one of their boxes in my girl friend charger.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I wouldnt go so far as to say that a fiberglass box wont hit like an MDF because Ive worked with fiberglass boxes before and have had great success with them----IF they are big enough. So while I wouldnt rule out fiberglass completely, I do agree that you will be sacrificing overall performance from your system by going with these small boxes. I just cant see them having the proper internal volume to allow the subs to hit at full potential.

I just bought one of these enclosures that [email protected] is talking about. The fit and finish is excellent and I couldnt be happier with it. Im having some issues and problems of my own with getting the system up and running correctly, but its totally unrelated to the box. Very happy with the purchase and I recommend it to everyone. Plus, an idea of mine that I want to work on is building brackets for the back of the boxes that screw onto the boxes and then extend outwards to the backseat opening in the shape of an L bracket. Once they are screwed into the box, it makes the box ALOT harder to steal should any S.O.B. ever try to get in my ride! The box flows nicely with the angle of the back seat so it shouldnt be too hard to do.

In short, buy this MDF box---you wont regret it. Custom fit and finish and Im sure it will sound great once Im up and running like I should be...

-Pat

·
Registered
95 Posts
To get the best sound from your subs, never go with a pre-fab box. Build your own box to the specs of the sub and to fit the space you have. You will get much more from your sub in the correct box.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Couldnt have said it better Dre, but if you actually looked into the box that we are talking about at all and looked into the guy selling them, he will make them to YOUR specs when you order it. You can tell him what subs your running with what amp and he will adjust the size of the box to your specific needs. Another good point I didnt mention earlier, but I figured people were looking into this if they were actually considering buying it.

-Pat

·
Registered
95 Posts
Couldnt have said it better Dre, but if you actually looked into the box that we are talking about at all and looked into the guy selling them, he will make them to YOUR specs when you order it. You can tell him what subs your running with what amp and he will adjust the size of the box to your specific needs. Another good point I didnt mention earlier, but I figured people were looking into this if they were actually considering buying it.

-Pat
When I clicked on the link, i got an ebay store full of pre-fab boxes. When I looked up the Charger box in his store, the description said let them know what size subs you are using and if you need less airspace. Reading that, I wouldn't have thought you could get it anymore custom than that from them. But if they are building them to your specific specs, they should be pretty good boxes. A bit pricey in my eyes, but that's because I prefer building my own.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
While that is 5,000% true for ported boxes, most subs have a pretty broad range of sealed cuft space to work with. Usually the larger the better....but still.

Pat, what kinda problems are you having?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well looks like i'ma go with the MDF box then w/ 2 12w3's and a 500.1 amp!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts