Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took this in (taking it in at time of pics) on trade. The guy needed a truck. Anywho, the pictures pretty much speak for themselves. Some of these were taken with my camera phone. Some with a digital camera. Enjoy or not.

And lastly, my disgust at such a USELESS and TASTELESS mod...outright lie, really.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
why.......

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Just took this in (taking it in at time of pics) on trade. The guy needed a truck. Anywho, the pictures pretty much speak for themselves.
I hope you low-balled him significantly on the trade-in just for that HEMI emblem!!! :knockout:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. ROYALLY eff'd him in the A. What made it so funny was...the convo:

Me: So, wow. That's the HEMI, so that'll get quite a bit more than base Charger. I like that sleeper look.
TOOL: Oh, that's not a HEMI. That's the V6.
Me: You sure (TOOL)? Cuz it has the HEMI badge on there. Is that from the dealership?
TOOL: Oh...uhhh..naw. Well, I mean the dealer probably put it on there or something. (Me penciling out the 06 HEMI value and replacing it with the 06 SE value).
Me: Well, that doesn't seem like an honest thing to do. Well, I guess that's why you're getting out of it, huh? Oh well, at least you got to pretend for a while right? I mean, it's just a badge.
TOOL: Oh...ummmm...yeah.
Me: Still a nice Charger though. Lotta great options even on THIS model.

As much as I wanted to really SLAM the guy for that crap, we still had to sell him a car, so I couldn't lay into him like I wanted. But, the funniest part was offering him the HEMI price and then showing him what it was actually worth. Words can't describe that one.

I think he was just a misguided soul. Seems like a nice guy. I wish I could've taken pictures of his face though. THAT was the funny part.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'll never get it. It's like stuffing a sock in your shorts. I mean, I have a 3.5 SXT because it was what was available when I needed a new car (was at a Kia dealership, the previous whip was on its last legs) and it kept the price down. One thing I will NEVER do is pass it off as anything but a 3.5. No matter what mods go on, the 3.5L HIGH OUTPUT badges will always be around. Much as I'd love a Daytona, I simply can't afford the payments ith my credit in the shape it's in.

'Scuse me, I need to go buy some new socks now though.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I hope you V6 guys are finally starting to understand why we get so upset with the V6 community....

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I hope you V6 guys are finally starting to understand why we get so upset with the V6 community....
Ruh-Roh !!!! (In my best Scooby Doo voice)

Now ya done it!

/me grabs flame-retardant suit and a bowl of popcorn

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nice pics bro....well acted! And those are pretty good quality for a camera phone - what type is it?

I'm guessing you'll have to rebadge so YOU don't get dinged for misrepresentation when selling?

·
Registered
628 Posts
So get upset with the individuals and not the community.
Lol, I didn't say that to start a war...

But unforunately, when it's the majority of the community, the whole community gets tagged.

19/20 V6s I work on are either owned by complete idiots who drive like they have something thats fast, or have badges claiming to be something fast....

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Lol, I didn't say that to start a war...

But unforunately, when it's the majority of the community, the whole community gets tagged.

19/20 V6s I work on are either owned by complete idiots who drive like they have something thats fast, or have badges claiming to be something fast....
Then I'm happy to be that 1/20. Well, I would be if you ever worked on my car anyway. :D I don't really care about going fast, personally, and I agree that upbadging is retarded. In fact, I thought about putting upside-down Hemi badges on to poke fun at people that do it, but I decided that at a glance it would look like I was upbadging. I'll probably do the standard mods to let the engine breathe better but overall I'd rather let the car be what it is and dress it up tastefully instead.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yeah. ROYALLY eff'd him in the A. What made it so funny was...the convo:

Me: So, wow. That's the HEMI, so that'll get quite a bit more than base Charger. I like that sleeper look.
TOOL: Oh, that's not a HEMI. That's the V6.
Me: You sure (TOOL)? Cuz it has the HEMI badge on there. Is that from the dealership?
TOOL: Oh...uhhh..naw. Well, I mean the dealer probably put it on there or something. (Me penciling out the 06 HEMI value and replacing it with the 06 SE value).
Me: Well, that doesn't seem like an honest thing to do. Well, I guess that's why you're getting out of it, huh? Oh well, at least you got to pretend for a while right? I mean, it's just a badge.
TOOL: Oh...ummmm...yeah.
Me: Still a nice Charger though. Lotta great options even on THIS model.

As much as I wanted to really SLAM the guy for that crap, we still had to sell him a car, so I couldn't lay into him like I wanted. But, the funniest part was offering him the HEMI price and then showing him what it was actually worth. Words can't describe that one.

I think he was just a misguided soul. Seems like a nice guy. I wish I could've taken pictures of his face though. THAT was the funny part.
*sigh* I just finished laughing so hard I peed my pants a little. Great post! Funniest I've read in a while. Thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Then I'm happy to be that 1/20. Well, I would be if you ever worked on my car anyway. :D I don't really care about going fast, personally, and I agree that upbadging is retarded. In fact, I thought about putting upside-down Hemi badges on to poke fun at people that do it, but I decided that at a glance it would look like I was upbadging. I'll probably do the standard mods to let the engine breathe better but overall I'd rather let the car be what it is and dress it up tastefully instead.
Kudos to you. A V6 owner with class.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts