Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many on this forum have purchased our lubricants......and we are always grateful!

Many people go the extra step and purchase an oil analysis kit from us to analyze their oils just to see how their engine is wearing.....or not wearing at specific drain intervals. The great thing about that is the lab will send us a copy and you a copy so that we can discuss it together. I am usually alerted to the results before the customer gets their copy and if there is anything they should know, I can contact them directly!

An oil analysis is a very simple thing to do. When you are going to change the oil, make sure the engine is HOT.....normal operating temperature.....and then when it is draining, put the small 4 oz bottle in the oil stream (like a drug test) and then pull it out, wipe it off and close the lid tight.

Fill out the form that is part of the small kit with as much info as you can, and then put it in the bigger bottle with the oil sample, close the lid tight, tape all around it and then stick it in the US Mail.

The lab will get it, evaluate it and then send you a copy with the outcome. This helps to understand what is actually going on in your engine. This can highlight problems before you ever encounter a major problem or failure!! These three samples all had really good metal and wear numbers, but two of them had excessive fuel contamination. One had 2.5% and one had 3.1%. This is important to know as continual running with excessive fuel will cause an engine failure....typically cam, main, or rod bearing. These customers were alerted immediately about these conditions and they are taking steps to address the fuel contamination. Most of the time, it is an injector that is dripping instead of closing when it should. Also fuel can get in through other parts, but generally injectors are the cause. Too much information here is not overkill. Preventing an engine failure is like preventing a heart attack. Neither are a good day!!

Here are a couple recent ones for review.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I used to sample every oil change in my airplane engine, but have never done any of my cars. It was kinda fun plotting the wear patterns, and watching the continuous uptick in metals.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sampled my oil once....TASTED YUCKY! I won't be doing that again!
Well, it ain't Maple Syrup!!

It is just important to realize that if there is a problem, it can be something that isn't related to your lubricant.

While there has never been an issue with our products, if someone didn't take the time to find out, and there was a failure, the first thing they would look at....whether it is ours or any other lubricant.....is the oil. Fuel contamination causes more problems than one might think.

These were good examples.:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Good stuff ! :)

I've got about 5k on my current oil in my engine, a custom 8w35 blend :D, and it's still not black or even brown on the dipstick ... I can see right through it :D

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff ! :)

I've got about 5k on my current oil in my engine, a custom 8w35 blend :D, and it's still not black or even brown on the dipstick ... I can see right through it :D
Gabe,

That means the engine is staying very clean and the combination of ACES IV and the oil are keeping the contaminants and combustion byproducts going out the exhaust.....where they belong!!

See you in another 5K!!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Awesome! :rockon:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Awesome! :rockon:
Thanks Long Driving.

Some people don't think it is necessary or important until they have a fuel washdown issue and then Oh Crap!!:rolleyes2:

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
703 Posts
Always have a sample from the 3406 CAT 625HP in my Peterbilts sent in...has saved me many times...

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Always have a sample from the 3406 CAT 625HP in my Peterbilts sent in...has saved me many times...
It is just prudent and wise to decide to do it every 3rd oil change after the initial sampling anyway. It is the best 18.00 to 20.00 ever spent on your 30 to 40 k dollar cars!!:clap:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i'm only 5k on mine so far. its barely broke in

·
Registered
441 Posts
how do we contact them?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've had a blackstone kit waiting to be used for about 6 months, I will deffantly do this when the time come's.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how do we contact them?
You can contact us and we can send you an oil sample kit or you can call them directly @ 216-383-8200 and ask for an oil sample kit. I believe from them without an account it is about 25.00.

We sell our kits that are prepaid for 20.00. This way they give us a copy of your sample and we can help decipher it with you. An educated customer is the best kind.

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

1 - 14 of 14 Posts