Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, wrote to the zoomers corp. about there exhaust system..They state how much hp gains, torque gains, etc. Well when they stated that 2-3 mpgs better, made sense. But then the guy told me it'll all pay for itself in 6-8 months in all the gas savings...How's this all possible. This would only make sense if someones planning on driving 30k+ miles in one year, would i not be correct??? I also want input on zoomers. Don't want drone on the inside, but want aggressivness on the outside, heard they're the best..Plus this is for my mom's car...My parents say it's a waste of $1K just for sound???i need to find someway to let them allow this stuff...She's gonna order a top banana daytona so i've been saving up for it...got any tips, comments suggestions???

·
Registered
202 Posts
save your money, dont touch this car, let your parents have it, keep it clean, dont be a pest, and when the time comes......BEG FOR A CHALLENGER!

at least, thats what i'd do. in theory anyway. patience was never my strong suit.

just have it straight piped from the cats back. it'll be crazy loud but thats kinda the point.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's all a mater of choice on your part. I just installed the Zoomers and could not be happier. There is no drone and is quiet on the inside of the cab. The exhaust sounds awesome outside of the vehicle though. Not to loud & not to quiet, just right! Check out their site www.4zoomers.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the information. It sounds great! How much horespower increase and how much savings on mpg? How much was the cost? How bout warranty?
Charles Brown

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly...trust me, i've heard them plenty of times.. and love them..im saying how are u supposed to get ur maoney back after 6-8 months with only 2-3 mpgs better on gas??doesn't make sense..but i love zoomers...just trying to find a way to let my mom put'm on hahaha..yeah...and what about voiding warranty with zoomers???

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Wilnutt said:
exactly...trust me, i've heard them plenty of times.. and love them..im saying how are u supposed to get ur maoney back after 6-8 months with only 2-3 mpgs better on gas??doesn't make sense..but i love zoomers...just trying to find a way to let my mom put'm on hahaha..yeah...and what about voiding warranty with zoomers???

You'll never make that math work.

·
Registered
382 Posts
a14umbra said:
Wilnutt said:
how are u supposed to get ur maoney back after 6-8 months with only 2-3 mpgs better on gas?
You'll never make that math work.
Let's see... Assume saving 3 mpg and assume you get 20 mpg now (hahah, not me), and $3.00 per gallon for the sake of the decimally challenged:

You said $1,000 for Zoomers, so that's 333 gallons they have to save (333 gal * $3.00/gal = $999). You need to save 333 gallons to pay for them.

If you drive 51,000 miles at 20 mpg, that's 2,550 gallons.

If you drive 51,000 miles at 23 mpg, that's 2,217 gallons.

2,550 - 2,217 = 333

So, if you can drive 51,000 miles in 6 - 8 months, then yes, they'll pay for themselves.

Note, we've made one other assumption here that I didn't mention: Assume I didn't screw this all up.

EDIT: One more thing about all of this -- Your mileage my vary.
Yeah, I went there.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i still rest my case...bad facts on zoomers behalf..though i love the exhaust system none the less...and im still curious about the warranty

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
bstowers said:
Let's see... Assume saving 3 mpg and assume you get 20 mpg now (hahah, not me), and $3.00 per gallon for the sake of the decimally challenged:

You said $1,000 for Zoomers, so that's 333 gallons they have to save (333 gal * $3.00/gal = $999). You need to save 333 gallons to pay for them.

2,550 - 2,217 = 333

So, if you can drive 51,000 miles in 6 - 8 months, then yes, they'll pay for themselves.

Note, we've made one other assumption here that I didn't mention: Assume I didn't screw this all up.

Yeah, I went there.
I stand corrected. bstowers made it work. Where's my credit card?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahahaha..i Don't See How Anyone Could Drive 50k Miles In 6-8 Months

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wilnutt said:
Hahahaha..i Don't See How Anyone Could Drive 50k Miles In 6-8 Months
Wheeee! More math:

34 weeks = 238 days.

51000 miles / 238 days = 214 miles per day.

One my good friends used to drive from Charles Town, WV to Baltimore, MD and back every day (about 140 miles round trip), but that was only 5 days a week.

Of course, you can drop the whole time issue. So long as you put 51,000 miles on the car, the exhaust will pay for itself (assuming it will really get you a 3 mpg gain).

·
Registered
384 Posts
the waranty on the car will not be voided unless the aftermarket part was why there was a problem, they have to be able to prove it too. so unless your exhaust in this case causes a problem then the car is covered - you cant blame the exhaust for your power windows not working.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bstowers said:

2,550 - 2,217 = 333

Yeah, I went there.
At 22 MPG it'll take about 73K mi for payback and 104K mi for payback at 21MPG. I wouldn't be planning to see my money back for a while...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but i assume you guys plan to have theses cars for at least 125K right???

·
Registered
755 Posts
Charles Brown said:
Thanks for the information. It sounds great! How much horespower increase and how much savings on mpg? How much was the cost? How bout warranty?
Charles Brown
We have not yet tested the Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi ,but have tested the 5.7 Hemi in the 1500 Ram and came up with some impressive numbers. 17.5 HP and 18 Ft Lbs of torque. See dyno Chart...Our customers have been experiencing 2-3 more miles to the gallon depending highly on driving habbits. We have run Group buy's here at a cost of $934.15 plus shipping....Our regular cost is $1099.00 w/ free shipping for Charger members. Zoomers carries a life time warranty and a 110% money back performance guarantee. The only one of it's kind in the industry. The sound speaks for itself...

Video: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/dodgeCharger/default.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since you're a vendor...what will be the effect on the dealership warranty if the exhaust is installed..just wanna hear it from you..hahha

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
trust me i never thought i'd ever deal out $1k for an exhaust system...easier to get new mufflers for $150..but i just LOVE ZOOMERS..I can't explain how much...but it's parent pending sooo..i just thought a top banana daytona couldn't be without this system...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wilnutt said:
Since you're a vendor...what will be the effect on the dealership warranty if the exhaust is installed..just wanna hear it from you..hahha
There are no warranty issues because like all the good systems out there we are Cat-Back... In Fact a big part of our business is pre-installing exhaust at the new car dealer. Yes at the right dealer you can get Zoomers off the showroom floor on 1500 Ram Quad Cab, Cummins Diesel, Dodge Magnum R/T SXT, SE and SRT8 and of course Dodge Charger Daytona/R/T, SXT, SE and SRT8 "No Dealer Issues"

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK GREAT, I'll talk to my local dealership..thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts