Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I read a thread that was talking about the sluggishness off the line of the R/T.

A suggestion that was made was to drive the car auto-stick everywhere and at all times.

Another suggestion was to drive it like you stole it. :rockon:

And of course, always shut off the ESP.

Well for one month I have done these things and this is a different car!

I can't say if it is the replaced exhaust or CAI, but this car is flying now.

I have made two 05 GT's back off coming off the light (maybe that has to do with the driver though) and when most people hear the rev and see the HEMI they just look and admire.

Can't wait to see what this will do with headers and a good dyno-tune (yeah, I know, the code isn't broken yet)

Man am I spending a lot on gas, but I'm loving it!!!! :headbang:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hell, I have been driving like a bat out of hell since purchase and havent noticed any improvement until my mods were done, and the Jet chip gave the best overall response. 7800miles so far! Still hard to peel out in over 100 degree weather also, but man it dropped to 77 degrees last night, and I left from the movies and left about a 80' scratch, just about till it shifted to 2nd. That was the best display of power my car has made yet! I actually had some kids cheer me on for being a retard!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hodgeee said:
Hell, I have been driving like a bat out of hell since purchase and havent noticed any improvement until my mods were done, and the Jet chip gave the best overall response. 7800miles so far! Still hard to peel out in over 100 degree weather also, but man it dropped to 77 degrees last night, and I left from the movies and left about a 80' scratch, just about till it shifted to 2nd. That was the best display of power my car has made yet! I actually had some kids cheer me on for being a retard!
Besides the Jet Chip, what else have you done?

BTW, I'm at 2300 miles.

And yes, the changing of my driving habits and using the auto-stick did coincide with my replacing of the exhaust and the CAI installation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just K&N aircharger intake, and Flowmaster Delta 40 series catback, and the jet stage 2 chip, which was a huge pain to get to snap into place due to limited space.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Awesome.. Ive been driving auto-stick since the first day, and the car is flying (although it was flying when I got it too). Im getting my Magnaflow exhaust put in on saturday, and then my K&N intake goes in the following weekend.. Im not going to get a jet chip, Im waiting for a programmer.

Im glad to hear that the mods described above add so much performance - cant wait!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DutchMaster said:
Awesome.. Ive been driving auto-stick since the first day, and the car is flying (although it was flying when I got it too). Im getting my Magnaflow exhaust put in on saturday, and then my K&N intake goes in the following weekend.. Im not going to get a jet chip, Im waiting for a programmer.

Im glad to hear that the mods described above add so much performance - cant wait!!
When I get back to NY I'll look for ya lightin it up on the LIE. Although, you might have to go as far as Huntington Station to avoid the traffic.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
DirtyOM said:
When I get back to NY I'll look for ya lightin it up on the LIE. Although, you might have to go as far as Huntington Station to avoid the traffic.
Luckily, Im in Northport.. so thats only about 15 mins from me. Althougth my favorite spots are Deer Park Ave (although its swimming with cops), Ocean Parkway, and just about every other road on LI :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts