Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking on adding some stripes next spring to my Jazz Blue SXT. Leaning towards this. Like? Dislike? Thanks!! (And thank you Ddaddy)

·
Registered
247 Posts
yes.. those are the stripes i was planning on putting on the Deep Water Blue Charger, if i had been able to find one closer than 1200 miles away!
i think symetrical stripes looks best, and wide enough.. those look like 10 or 12 inches wide.
perfect !

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I dig it! Its bold and looks sporty, not my thing but it will look great!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Transition to the roof seems awkward.

Sent from Galaxy.....S4 that is

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
As fresh as those white stripes look, they look ruined due to the scallops on the hood of the SE / SXT/ R/T 11+ Chargers.

Cuda, have you considered going for a vinyl pattern similar to this (but in white?):

Reminiscent of this:

And maybe consider the white tipped tail (don't think it would look good with the spoiler though)?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I like it. They look good, though they do give it a bit of a Mustang look. I like those too, so it's not a bad thing. I'm not sure why Mustang popped into my head, but it did. Maybe because I see a lot of them with dual stripes, maybe the color combo.... I really don't know. Obviously many more cars than Mustangs have stripes. Regardless, it think it looks good. Very sporty.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As fresh as those white stripes look, they look ruined due to the scallops on the hood of the SE / SXT/ R/T 11+ Chargers.

Cuda, have you considered going for a vinyl pattern similar to this (but in white?):

Funny you posted that. It is exactly what I was looking at prior to Ddaddy showing me what full stripes might look like. I really like the stripes filling in the hood scallops. It would also be much cheaper than full stripes.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Transition to the roof seems awkward.

Sent from Galaxy.....S4 that is
The original pic the car has a sunroof. I just filled in the sunroof area with white, so that is the strange transition you see. Good eye!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like it. They look good, though they do give it a bit of a Mustang look. I like those too, so it's not a bad thing. I'm not sure why Mustang popped into my head, but it did. Maybe because I see a lot of them with dual stripes, maybe the color combo.... I really don't know. Obviously many more cars than Mustangs have stripes. Regardless, it think it looks good. Very sporty.
That was the first thing that I thought it reminded me of was a Mustang too. My 1998 Bright blue Dakota had 12" wide white stripes like that as well. I called it my mini viper! LOL

·
Registered
306 Posts
please don't do that... It looks like a road striper went over your car.

Start it above the grill then skip the roof entirely and then do the rear deck lid and down to the edge where the trunk meets the lower bumper cover.

Might also try a dual stripe set that is straight down the middle but flared on the outside as it follows the body line of the hood(gets wider toward the windshield). Straight stripe on the roof(I personally don't like roof stripes) and trunk lid.

This is a decent looking one but could use some customization...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
please don't do that... It looks like a road striper went over your car.

Start it above the grill then skip the roof entirely and then do the rear deck lid and down to the edge where the trunk meets the lower bumper cover.

Might also try a dual stripe set that is straight down the middle but flared on the outside as it follows the body line of the hood(gets wider toward the windshield). Straight stripe on the roof(I personally don't like roof stripes) and trunk lid.
Thank you very much for your suggestions!! Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
OK.....how about these??? I'm thinking the flat black. The white was nice as stripes, but just as inner scallops for the hood.
Thinking that they look too bold by themselves and not going anywhere?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I'm digging the black inserts with the black roof. Gloss or matte would probably look good. Just depends on your taste, but I agree the white doesn't seem to really match up with anything as inserts alone.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
1st idea is always best. The white stripes look great. Maybe white out the chrome in the crosshair too ?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cuda, those stripes I showed you are on Joeb1's Charger. For a complete look, check his thread.

Thank you for that link Dave. I really like the stripes on the front, but the deal breaker for me is the back end. The stripes are just way too busy for my taste with the spoiler and the 2011 tail lights. It just makes it look like a mess back there in my opinion.
I think if I do anything next spring it will be probably be the black inserts and possibly black roof as well. Does anyone know if they wrap the spoiler, or do they usually paint those? Wouldn't that be hard to wrap?
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I appreciate them. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts