Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum--- I found a super cleam(1 owner traded on Challenger) Charger 2006 SXT loaded-White-leather interior-sun roof, updated wheels very nice(sirius) with 18K miles for $17,800 at a dealer..it says 5speed automatic(is that true?) any tips or suggestions>? How is the MPG? is it a fun car,dependable? any further tips..thanks MJB:driving:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I am new to the forum--- I found a super cleam(1 owner traded on Challenger) Charger 2006 SXT loaded-White-leather interior-sun roof, updated wheels very nice(sirius) with 18K miles for $17,800 at a dealer..it says 5speed automatic(is that true?) any tips or suggestions>? How is the MPG? is it a fun car,dependable? any further tips..thanks MJB:driving:
That sounds like a good deal. I bought an 06 SXT, i love it, a few problems with the sunroof (rattle) but yes the 06 SXT's came with the 5-speed Autostick, and i think the 4-speed started in 08.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Fuel economy is okay if you do more highway driving. If strictly city you can expect 14-16 mpg and if you get the R/T you can expect only a 1-2 mpg drop.
I have had some minor electrical issues such as door locks/interior lights and clunking from the front suspension. Almost all 5 speeds have a minor leak that may have already been fixed.
Handling isn't good unless you buy a SRT8 but you have to remember this is a family car and can't expect handling like a Mustang/Camaro.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'd say $15K tops. You probably could land an R/T for that?!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yea you can get a rt for that price. Unless they can take 2k off the price I would look somewhere else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:driving:Thanks so far for the help--- if the price can be worked out--- it does have only 18K miles but no warranty from Chrysler left-inservice was 07-2005--it wasnt driven much by the 1 owner-bone white- leather etc,,very sharp-- is it reliable? going from a PT-dont laugh-very reliable--- but Ive always liked the Charger look--- any more suggestions or tips.thanks MJB:driving:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:driving:Again thankyou... what I need to know though forgetting price are they good cars?? Are they reliable and good also? MJB:driving:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
To compare what I remember of the PT Cruiser the Charger is just as or more reliable. The 3.5 is a good motor my cousin has one(Intrepid) with like 150-170K on it and she drives them hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts