Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about changing my exhaust set up and considering multiple options

CURRENT: Full dual 2 flowmaster super 44s no resos (probably sounds best but drone is obnoxious at times)

Option 1: full dual 2 super 44s, adding super 10s as resos and black tips

Option 2: 1 super 44 and no resos

Option 3: 1 super 44 and super 10s as resos

What would be the best sounding other than my current exhaust, I'm looking for something with a loud rumble at start up and on acceleration and such but nothing more than a quiet rumble at cruising speeds...

Keep in mind I do have a 3.5

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
They cut down the drone some, but the tone isn't all that great. I tried the 7db, then the 6db resonated. 7 sounded good but tons of drone. 6 had less drone, but the tone was raspy and metallic. Really, to kill drone and have nice tone ya gotta go with a decent cat back.

·
Registered
257 Posts
IMO all aftermarket exhaust will give some drone. Drone doesn't bother me old school here.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO all aftermarket exhaust will give some drone. Drone doesn't bother me old school here.
I don't mind it when driving around town at all, it's when I get on the highway for an hour or so Hohenzollern I'm driving between school and home some weekends where it gets to be a little obnoxious

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking about changing my exhaust set up and considering multiple options

CURRENT: Full dual 2 flowmaster super 44s no resos (probably sounds best but drone is obnoxious at times)

Option 1: full dual 2 super 44s, adding super 10s as resos and black tips

Option 2: 1 super 44 and no resos

Option 3: 1 super 44 and super 10s as resos

What would be the best sounding other than my current exhaust, I'm looking for something with a loud rumble at start up and on acceleration and such but nothing more than a quiet rumble at cruising speeds...

Keep in mind I do have a 3.5

Either way still no one has answered my question, and I didn't see any sound clips on BBs website so with that being said I'm leaning towards adding super 10s as resos but I don't know if that is a smart thing to do with power and what not and yes I know I have a v6

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Dude I would buy some magnaflow resonators or flowmaster resonators and weld them in. They'll give you the nice start up sound you have and keep your cruising sound to a nice low rumble. Keep both mufflers, Y pipes often have weird sounds when if comes to the single muffler dual outlet.

Super tens in the back might sound odd...but it might sound good as well, I haven't seen anyone do it. You also could weld some glass packs in where resonators would go. That controls drone and gives a nice sound also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude I would buy some magnaflow resonators or flowmaster resonators and weld them in. They'll give you the nice start up sound you have and keep your cruising sound to a nice low rumble. Keep both mufflers, Y pipes often have weird sounds when if comes to the single muffler dual outlet.

Super tens in the back might sound odd...but it might sound good as well, I haven't seen anyone do it. You also could weld some glass packs in where resonators would go. That controls drone and gives a nice sound also.

Thats exactly what im tryong to do is keep the drone down at crusiing speed but have a good start up and good acceleration sound

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Thats exactly what im tryong to do is keep the drone down at crusiing speed but have a good start up and good acceleration sound

Yeah man I think welding in some magnaflow/flowmaster resonators would be your best bet. Glass packs are a possibility too...I would prefer the resonators myself. I know Johnny on here used the magnaflow resonators and had good results.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah man I think welding in some magnaflow/flowmaster resonators would be your best bet. Glass packs are a possibility too...I would prefer the resonators myself. I know Johnny on here used the magnaflow resonators and had good results.

With a V6 I definitely dont want to kill my acfeleration and start up sound..

I saw some SLP resonators recently and have been wondering how they would sound

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
With a V6 I definitely dont want to kill my acfeleration and start up sound..

I saw some SLP resonators recently and have been wondering how they would sound

I have the slp system on my car. The bullet style resonators are what the loudmouth 1 uses as mufflers...they're loud! They could be a nice option...but you'll still have drone. Not as much though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are many options, I can vouch that the Cherry bomb Vortex mufflers will give you an excellent exhaust note with very little drone. No suitcase mufflers and no resos, just the vortex mufflers and some garden variety tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts