Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
O.K., originally I was planning on getting the Zoomers exhaust due to it's low drone and great write ups. I want more power and big sound but I just didn't want it to be loud when my kids/wife are in the car.
Then I found out about electronic cutouts. With these I can have the best of both worlds, mean sounding when I want it, or quite when I want.
Here's my questions:
Will I recieve the same or similiar HP increase with the cutouts as I would get from the Zoomers?
Will the cutouts void my warranty?
Are they anymore illegal than a catback?
Will I still pass inspection with them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was originally going to buy catbacks, but now I am going to get the cutouts.
1. On some vehicles you need some back pressure to make torque, on many good breathing V-8 cars, open headers is probably going to net you the most power, so opening it up all the way and get all that exhaust out, you will probably get great gains from it.

2.They are just like any other mod, they could void your warranty if the dealer can prove they caused the problem that you need the warranty work on, but it can't void your entire warranty.

3. Messing with any exhaust or "environmental control" on any vehicle is technically illegal in most states, thats the beauty though, no one will know you have them if they are closed. I like the way my car sounds when I want to talk, listen to the radio, have my Mom in the car etc., so I like the fact you can go back to quiet with the push of a button.

4. Are you talking about emissions inspection? If they are only doing a chemical test; yes with them closed, but they will probably see them and ask if they do a visual.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I could use some wiring help on the cutout install. I have a place that can do the welding, but they don't want to touch the wiring. Figured I'd give it a crack myself. Does anyone have a diagram or a step by step of how it should be done?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Dependingon the cutouts, all you have is a positive and negative wire. DMH systems only require hot and ground. The switch is prewired.

·
Registered
868 Posts
DMH is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have the cutouts and I love them. For sound, these are the best thing short of open headers. As for power, if you're stock you will lose torque. I lost 1/10th in the 1/4 with my cutouts opened vs. closed. Sure, top end probably increased but with my stock motor, these things didn't give me a power gain at all. Of course, YMMV.

Rolloutedition.com installed mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts