Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started with the new chrysler life time powertrain warranty. I just bought my RT 4 months ago for 24,998 (32,000) MSRP. So I called around and until 9/30 I can buy the lifetime powertrain warranty with 100 deductible for 1650 or lifetime on the whole car for 4,450. So, calling around, I can get into a RT with road and track package for 28,500. I think I can trade in my car for pretty much what I paid for it. So what do you think 4,000 more for a much better charger and life time warranty, or just buy the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It all started with the new chrysler life time powertrain warranty. I just bought my RT 4 months ago for 24,998 (32,000) MSRP. So I called around and until 9/30 I can buy the lifetime powertrain warranty with 100 deductible for 1650 or lifetime on the whole car for 4,450. So, calling around, I can get into a RT with road and track package for 28,500. I think I can trade in my car for pretty much what I paid for it. So what do you think 4,000 more for a much better charger and life time warranty, or just buy the lifetime warranty.
u wanna trade in ur R/T just for a road and track package?
IMO thats like trading in a R/T with no sunroof for a R/T with a sunroof

IMO for 4450 u can get KW suspension for 1500, and exhaust and intake and still have money left oer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also thinking about the lifetime warranty. Don't want to put in all the after mods. Just want it basically stock with perhaps CAI. I have read the road and track package has a better steering ratio and I would love the get rid of the leather seats.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think I can trade in my car for pretty much what I paid for it.
This has been said before... but no one usually comes close.
New cars lose the most $$ the 1st couple of months.

It would have been worth it when you were 1st buying but
I'd be shocked if you didn't end up eating a least a few more
thousand $$.

I hope you prove me wrong though, I love my RTwR&T and you
will too!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
IMO the Road and Track package is totally worth it. I think it is underrated. To me the road and track or daytona package, makes the charger a completely different car. the seats are priceless. i'd say go for it!! you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
330 Posts
R&t

I love mine. I had the option of a new R/T similar price to yours or a used one with 8800 miles on it for about the same money, both 06 model years. I went for the used one with the options.

The two big differences are the suspension and the seats. I think the ride is noticably different and the seats are much sportier and wrap around you.
I dont think you would feel the 10 HP difference but it does have a better note the to the exhaust, not really loud though.

I've never regreted my decision. I think for a couple grand i would have bought a brand new one if i Had the chance. However, the dealer I got mine from had a fully loaded 07 on the lot that stickered for $37K I'm not sure what kind of deal I could have got.. figured i was better off not asking!

·
Registered
330 Posts
IMO the Road and Track package is totally worth it. I think it is underrated. To me the road and track or daytona package, makes the charger a completely different car. the seats are priceless. i'd say go for it!! you wont be disappointed
Agreed, i test drove it a mile and decision was made instantly!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See, this is what I love about this forum. Honest truth in minutes. Well, I really love my car. It has about 5,000 miles on it and starting to feel it is opening up more. But, I going in tomorrow and see what I can do

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
another thing i wanted to add was that i test drove the rt twice before i got my daytona, and when i first drove the daytona it seemed like it handled ALOT better than the rt. maybe i'm remembering wrong or somethin i dk but thats just what it seemed like to me. it seems like theres a lot less body roll, but i guess it might just seem that way cause the seats keep u from moving... test drive one and tell me what u think!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I think I can trade in my car for pretty much what I paid for it.
I am sorry, after reading this I just $h!tted myself. I hope you can get what you paid for it, but I doubt it. I wish you best in this pursuit, but I don't think the trade will be worth it.

My best bet is that in 4 to 5 months, they will say (the stealership), that your car has depreciated 4 to 5K in resale value.

However, that isn't to say that they wont turn right around and sell it to the next man for pretty much what you paid for it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
another thing i wanted to add was that i test drove the rt twice before i got my daytona, and when i first drove the daytona it seemed like it handled ALOT better than the rt. maybe i'm remembering wrong or somethin i dk but thats just what it seemed like to me. it seems like theres a lot less body roll, but i guess it might just seem that way cause the seats keep u from moving... test drive one and tell me what u think!
I'd bet what you felt is the combination of the better steering and seats.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope the dealerships you're talking to aren't "lowballing" you over the phone. They will sometimes do that to maintain interest and keep you from buying someplace else.

I haven't seen a new R/T with R&T for less than $30k on ebay or Autotrader.

You just might come out alright on your trade-in since you bought it heavily discounted. Just remember, though, that the dealership won't be able to pay as much for your trade if they are discounting the R&T car that much.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
u wanna trade in ur R/T just for a road and track package?
IMO thats like trading in a R/T with no sunroof for a R/T with a sunroof

IMO for 4450 u can get KW suspension for 1500, and exhaust and intake and still have money left oer
And you still won't have the significantly better seats or improved steering. I went from a regular R/T to my Daytona, and didn't regret it for a single second. Drives surprisingly different (although not as good as the SRT of course) and the seats made it worth every penny.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Not that the normal R/T isn't a nice car, but the Daytona/R&T package made the car significantly "sportier."

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
IMO, I say trade in the R/T for an SRT8...
lol, it had to be said. I think however, this would he out if the price range he was going for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would love to buy the SRT8 and even considered to buy one used. But, the price difference of 10 grand is too much. Funny thing, I really wasn't looking for a charger until I saw the ad for chargers w/hemi at 24,998. Took it home and still can not believe what a car you get for the price. I lookd online for used 07 chargers RT and have not seen one for that price. At any rate, I should have checked out this forum before buying, then I would have bought the RT with the road and track package.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would love to buy the SRT8 and even considered to buy one used. But, the price difference of 10 grand is too much. Funny thing, I really wasn't looking for a charger until I saw the ad for chargers w/hemi at 24,998. Took it home and still can not believe what a car you get for the price. I lookd online for used 07 chargers RT and have not seen one for that price. At any rate, I should have checked out this forum before buying, then I would have bought the RT with the road and track package.
They are charging a little bit more for them since the lifetime warranty came out. My 07 R/T listed for a little over 34 MSRP. I bought it and the 7/70 power train warranty for 27,000. Each dealer will have different price on them for sure. Shop around till you can find a dealer you want to buy from.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts