Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've never had any real interest in displaying the thin blue line, but while I was at my local LEO supply store, I started looking at them. All I've seen locally are the thin blue line FRONT plates, and the stickers. I'm on the fence about adding the front plate, but I might. As far as displaying the TBL from the rear, I'm hesitant to take the sticker route. I'm just not a big fan of the stickers, and I dont think it'd look right on Inferno Red. Are there any alternatives?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
So I've never had any real interest in displaying the thin blue line, but while I was at my local LEO supply store, I started looking at them. All I've seen locally are the thin blue line FRONT plates, and the stickers. I'm on the fence about adding the front plate, but I might. As far as displaying the TBL from the rear, I'm hesitant to take the sticker route. I'm just not a big fan of the stickers, and I dont think it'd look right on Inferno Red. Are there any alternatives?
OK, I'm completely lost, what are you talking about. All I got is that it is a cop thing maybe???

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
All I've seen are the stickers, plates, and lapel pins.

FWIW- I'm not much of a fan of displaying my profession off-duty unless it involves the display of my handgun and badge simultaneously to a turd. :ninja:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
FWIW- I'm not much of a fan of displaying my profession off-duty unless it involves the display of my handgun and badge simultaneously to a turd. :ninja:
Haha :lol:

You do have a good point there. I don't know if the bad element might recognize (what I assume) to be a a very understated symbol, but if they did you surely wouldn't want to broadcast it.

Heck... it took me years to find out that the thin rainbow sticker you see on some people's cars means that they are same sex oriented. At least that is what I think it means anyway.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
X2. Besides, most of the people displaying cop stuff aren't cops. They just think cops will think they're cops.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Haha :lol:

You do have a good point there. I don't know if the bad element might recognize (what I assume) to be a a very understated symbol, but if they did you surely wouldn't want to broadcast it.

Heck... it took me years to find out that the thin rainbow sticker you see on some people's cars means that they are same sex oriented. At least that is what I think it means anyway.
I thought that the thin blue line and the thin rainbow sticker meant the same thing! Shows what I know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts

My vote for best quote EVER!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

I like that response.....can you put that on a decal?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol: Hint taken, no thin blue line.. do they not prosecute civilians for using the thin blue line plates/stickers?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've thought about the thin blue line thing for my POV, but now it's gone... I get to wait for my next one.

Regardless, one option is putting it on your rear tag. Cutting it down to the size of the inspection sticker (That most states use) and put it somewhere on the plate.

I'm probably going to shy away from putting one on as lately the locals have been targeting officers cars/homes. They even took the front license plate from someone's take home car and broke in and took the PA microphone...

Dumb things to take... but just shows they can do it I suppose.

I've got other ideas for the sticker, PM me if you want.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a small one on the lower left corner of my window. Only visible if you walk up on it. I have a front plate as well, but don't want to put holes in my bumper.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have it and haven't had any problems yet. The other cars I have also have em. I guess it depends on the geographical area you commute/live in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I always wondered what that line meant, saw it on a few front tags, guess you learn something new every day. BTW, you guys get my ultimate respect.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My pops always tells me that I need to put it on the car. I just don't want any stickers on the ride. Some officers care, some don't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts