Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2014 5.7 persuit with 159 thousand miles I changed the thermostat and the one I took out said 203 . The one I put in was a 190 . Will that work or not

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
SH1:
Welcome to the forum. The oem spec is 203. Is there a reason you went back in with 190, or was that all you could find?

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello I have a 2014 5.7 persuit with 159 thousand miles I changed the thermostat and the one I took out said 203 . The one I put in was a 190 . Will that work or not
I went on vacation and there was no place to get one from the dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a radiator in it after that the driver side fan came on real fast so I took it to the dealer they told me it needed a new pcm module. So I went to pick it up and same thing happend the fan were comming on about 212 screaming. So they took it back and replaced fans 1800 later it was running 217 . After I drove it 300 miles but it was at night and it never got over 217 so I changed thermostat it still running 217 then it drops to 198 . I asked for my old parts from dealer and they wouldnt give them to me . Is this normal

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Well:
You might get a Check Engine light, with a code stating that the engine is running too cool. Hopefully, you have also flushed and replaced your coolant if that has not been done before now. The purple factory coolant fill was good for 10 years, or 150k miles. How new are the spark plugs? They should have been changed around 100k.

Don

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
If the parts were not covered under warranty, they should have returned them to you. Sounds to me like they misdiagnosed it the first time around. They should have cut you a break on the deal, since they screwed up.

Don

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
If your plugs are new, you should be good there. If it were mine, I would locate an oem T stat, and get it in there. Not that you can't run with the 190, if that's easier for now. As far as the coolant goes, if the oem fill was removed at some point, and a fresh fill of the proper style installed, no worries there then.
You want to be sure that you have the proper type of coolant (OAT), and not (HOAT) which was for '13 and older vehicle.
The correct oem color of coolant is purple. What color do you see in the coolant reservoir?

It's also interesting that this "dealer" sold you a new radiator when the issue was a fast running fan. Were there signs of overheating at that point? If not, and there was no leak, the issue was likely electrical (fan(s), or controller), and not the radiator.

Don

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,189 Posts
All a thermostat does is prevent you from running any cooler than its rating. At normal operation all thermostats are the same, fully open.
You Temps are not bad or out of range.
Sometimes because if the AC is on when you start the car the fans will come on high speed for a bit.
Sounds like you are fine to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts