Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to fix a front end shimmy problem and the dreaded shake/vibration over 70 mph.

I had the two front tie rods were replaced, the car was aligned to spec., and today all four tires were replaced and dynamic load balanced. The shimmy and vibration are finally gone. :clap:

As it turns out the tie rods were loose, the car was out of alignment, and two of the tires had the first indications of belt separation. My guess is that the out of alignment condition caused the tire problems. It shows how important it is to keep our cars in alignment to spec.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wheel Shimmy

Hi, I thought I had mine gone too. I bought 4 new Michelins tires and it felt like the problem was gone. About 4000 miles later I can start to feel it come back. I have had the tire balanced several times. I have had it at the dealer 5times. The last time they said they couldn't feel it. Guys, the has to be a factory problem with the charger. We have replaced tires, and re-balanced, etc and the problem seems to go away, only to return. I had them check the tie rods, alignment, etc. I am at a loss. Keith:knockout:

I've been trying to fix a front end shimmy problem and the dreaded shake/vibration over 70 mph.

I had the two front tie rods were replaced, the car was aligned to spec., and today all four tires were replaced and dynamic load balanced. The shimmy and vibration are finally gone. :clap:

As it turns out the tie rods were loose, the car was out of alignment, and two of the tires had the first indications of belt separation. My guess is that the out of alignment condition caused the tire problems. It shows how important it is to keep our cars in alignment to spec.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
No shimmy shake here...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts